Top Ten Casefiles

Started by NZone, July 17, 2008, 03:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Hot Wheels, Casefiles #91.  The Hardy Boys are in a solar-car challenge with the team from the State University of Bayport.  Callie Shaw and Vanessa Bender also help out in the support van.  The race takes place in late August in Texas, and ends in (I believe) Nevada.  Anyway, at first Joe is suppose to be the driver of the backup van and Frank is helping with the computers, when all of a sudden, SUB's driver for their car receives a very bad jolt from some unshielded wires in a helmet the guy is to wear.  So it is up to Joe, who is roughly the same weight as the guy, to be the driver.

But the Hardy's start to notice things are not what they seem after the first night, when all the cars have been checked to see how much their batteries were drained, one of the other teams has a battery that has dropped by maybe 1 or 2 % from when it started, even though the driver of that car had been pushing his pedal to the metal the whole day and had a boombox blaring the whole time.  What is going on with the races?  Is someone trying to win the big prize at all costs, or is there simple cheating involved. 

Find out when you read...Hot Wheels Case #91 in the Hardy Boys Casefiles.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

tomswift2002, I can't find Deadman in Deadwood on your list!

Thanks for the info!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Bigfootman on August 21, 2008, 08:38:20 AM
tomswift2002, I can't find Deadman in Deadwood on your list!

Thanks for the info!

Your right, but I corrected that now, plus I corrected the doubling up of Deep Trouble (I had it at #83 and #114, so I left it at #83).  I placed Deadman in Deadwood at #118, before #119 Cliff-Hanger, #120 Deadfall and #121 Cave Trap/Survival of the Fittest.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

But, I guess that with me forgetting Deadman In Deadwood, you can easily guess that its a pretty forgettable story, and not much of a part 2 to Virtual Villainy, that I have at #64.

Bigfootman

Yes Deadman In Deadwood is one of the worst Casefiles ever made.

Most Recent Post:

Bigfootman

Oh oh, there's 127 books in the series yet I counted 122!  ???

Most Recent Post:

Bigfootman

Neaver mind! I forgot you put the triogies togather!

Most Recent Post:

Olivia

Quote from: Bigfootman on August 21, 2008, 06:16:02 PM
Yes Deadman In Deadwood is one of the worst Casefiles ever made.

Probably, what with using the word "dead" twice ;)

Do any other Casefiles do that? It doesn't even have to be a repeated word, just something else interesting that you noticed. Well, just post it if any of you notice anything!

tomswift2002

I now that the word "Dead" appears in quite a few titles by itself, but I don't recall any other word being repeated twice in a title.

tomswift2002

One thing that I do remember is that on the front cover teaser for #15 Blood Relations, the teaser reads:

QuoteBlood Is As Thick As Thieves

Thick As Thieves would be used as the title to Casefiles #29.

Olivia

Right, I see. I'm sure we'll find more too!

SDLagent

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 19, 2008, 07:56:57 PM
P.S. What is The Number File? I have been compiling/listing on my computer every book that I own of ND & HBs, and for some reason that book is on my list even though I have no idea what it is (and I can't even find it in my "clean" room)!

You can always check the database of this very site...

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/index.php?nav=network&sub=cf&book=017

Olivia

I wasn't even sure if it was a HB book or a ND, let alone what series it came from. But yeah, I guess I could've made the effort and just scrolled through the list...

SDLagent

tomswift2002

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 21, 2008, 07:55:33 PM
Right, I see. I'm sure we'll find more too!

I think there is even a Digest that uses the Casefiles Title, or it might even be a Casefile that uses Too Many Traitors as part of the description of the story.