Frank and Joe Hardy

Started by bozonessinc, September 29, 2008, 03:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 07, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
Well, it's not hard to believe considering the internet wasn't very user-friendly and not easy for the average person to use or even access.

It wasn't? ??? I live for it today! :)

MacGyver

Yeah- back in the BBS days in the '80s, you just about had to have a computer science degree to access it and use it effectively.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 07, 2011, 11:28:24 PM
Yeah- back in the BBS days in the '80s, you just about had to have a computer science degree to access it and use it effectively.

What's the BBS days? I was reading the Hardy Boys Digest 102. Terminal Shock and it mentions using the BBS -- a lot.  ??? Is that what you're talking about?

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 08, 2011, 12:27:59 PM
Yep.
This might help explain. http://www.powershow.com/view/af45-NWMyN/A_Brief_History_of_Bulletin_Board_Systems_BBS

Wow. What a lot to take in! Sure is different from today, isn't it?

SDLagent

Yes, things change. It's amazing. I was one a foot tall and now I'm six feet tall!

MacGyver

Hey- so does Canada not use the metric system then?

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 08, 2011, 05:52:29 PM
Hey- so does Canada not use the metric system then?

Yeah. I've been wondering the same thing.

Olivia

We use the metric system, but we still use/know imperial too. I don't think we're just going to be like "I'm a metre and a half tall".

BTW, I'm a child of the '80's (23 years old).

I vaguely remember my dad's first computer in the early '90's. It took 8 minutes just to turn on and boot up! I also remember discovering the Internet for the first time in...grade 3? And I saw the adjustment from cassettes to CDs to MP3s, etc.

P.S. Ah yes, MacGyver. The Zack Morris phone.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Olivia on February 08, 2011, 06:11:51 PM
We use the metric system, but we still use/know imperial too. I don't think we're just going to be like "I'm a metre and a half tall".

BTW, I'm a child of the '80's (23 years old).

I vaguely remember my dad's first computer in the early '90's. It took 8 minutes just to turn on and boot up! I also remember discovering the Internet for the first time in...grade 3? And I saw the adjustment from cassettes to CDs to MP3s, etc.

P.S. Ah yes, MacGyver. The Zack Morris phone.

I didn't. Wonder why? ???

Olivia

You didn't...what? You mean you don't remember a computer when you were young?

I was like five or six.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Olivia on February 08, 2011, 06:36:00 PM
You didn't...what? You mean you don't remember a computer when you were young?

I was like five or six.

Not very well, no. You remember dial-up internet? I sure don't.

Olivia

Yup. I learned to use it when I was in grade 4 (ish). But then my dad always had a computer in the house, and my schools were teaching computers (though not Internet).

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Olivia on February 08, 2011, 06:46:28 PM
Yup. I learned to use it when I was in grade 4 (ish). But then my dad always had a computer in the house, and my schools were teaching computers (though not Internet).

Cool! :)

MacGyver

Okay, I'm like facepalming on some of this because I'm a slight bit older than Olivia- but also a child of the '80s. Hahaha- it's all good though. It's just funny how you can remember being a kid and gasping at how your parents had to get up and cross the room to change the channel on the TV and all these kind of typical "back in my day" type scenarios- and then you realize that you're seeing the same thing with younger kids gasping at how you used to have to dial up to get on the Internet and everything. And let's not even talk about floppy disks back when they actually were floppy! ;D