The Smuggler’s Legacy

Started by Bigfootman, April 20, 2022, 06:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on June 02, 2022, 07:14:39 PMYou don't want that! They'd make book nearly the same length but with less content.

I guess not, and probably too mature for today's readers. ::)

SkyWarp

Amazon finally lists this book, however, it is now set for a February 2023 release date.

https://www.amazon.com/Smugglers-Legacy-Hardy-Boys-Adventures/dp/1665912456/

tomswift2002

From Amazon.ca:

A buried secret becomes a big problem for Frank and Joe in the twenty-fifth book in the thrilling Hardy Boys Adventures series.

Frank and Joe are on a history club trip to New York City, and their first stop is the Prohibition Museum where they'll hear about how smugglers building getaway vehicles led to the rise of modern stock car racing. During a tour of damp escape tunnels beneath the museum, Frank slips and breaks a wall panel with his elbow, revealing a hidden compartment containing documents from the 1920s!

The documents reveal that The Gilded Top Hat—the speakeasy which later became the Prohibition Museum—wasn't actually owned by the Faccini brothers who were arrested for its bootlegging operations. The museum curator is eager to investigate this lead into the speakeasy's history, and never ones to turn down a good case, Frank and Joe volunteer to help out. But before long, someone steals the documents and sends the boys warnings to stop digging into the past. Can Frank and Joe uncover the truth before it's buried for another hundred years—and the boys along with it?

Doesn't this sound extremely similar to #23 Mystery On The Mayhem Express?

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

Why is the Prohibition/NASCAR museum in NYC?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

MacGyver

Quote from: NZone on June 24, 2022, 09:56:14 PMWhy is the Prohibition/NASCAR museum in NYC?
It could be a research error or just simply a modification made because The Hardy Boys universe is still fictional, even though it uses real life places at times.
    There is a real American Prohibition Museum in Savannah, GA by the way.
There's also this museum in New York that is at least kinda close.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_the_American_Gangster
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

The back cover of this book does NOT have an advertisement for a #26, but instead advertises Adventure #1.  Doesn't look good for the Adventures series. 

MacGyver

I just saw that and was coming here to comment on it. I got my copy of the book in the mail today.
   Consider also that it's been a year since the last book in the series released. It certainly seems like it may be coming to an end.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Quote from: SkyWarp on February 14, 2023, 06:55:43 PMThe back cover of this book does NOT have an advertisement for a #26, but instead advertises Adventure #1.  Doesn't look good for the Adventures series. 
Same thing happened with the last book in the Inventor's Academy series.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MysteryFan89

This was a good book, but hopefully we'll know what's going on with the series soon.