Joe/Iola or Joe/Vanessa

Started by Kerin, June 30, 2007, 11:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Vanessa enters the series in book #69 Mayhem In Motion.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

White Eagle

Quote from: Light123 on September 26, 2007, 07:24:32 PM
Yeah, and it seems like every time Frank starts to like someone else, she's evil. But, On topic, it's hard to chose becuase you never really saw Iola and Joe in the casefiles.
They were a great pair in the originals, though
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

mystery chick 901

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on July 20, 2008, 09:50:03 PM
Who is Vanessa?

Vanessa Bender, she's Joe's girlfriend in the casefiles.

JoeHardyRocks

I thought Iola was Joe's girlfriend?
"Thank you, Joe."

Kerin

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on July 21, 2008, 01:11:31 PM
I thought Iola was Joe's girlfriend?

She was in the orginals, but they kinda wrote her out of the casefiles.I won't come right out and say what happened in the books, so as not to spoil it. ;)
But she was only in the very first casefile book, but after that she wasn't in htem anymore.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

SDLagent

You don't have to do much research to find out what happened to Iola, it's even in the Network Database of this site!

JoeHardyRocks

I  already know what happened to her. Was it in Dead on Target?
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

NZone

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 02, 2007, 04:21:10 PM
  I loved the fight between Iola 4 and Vanessa at the end of Dead Of Night.

Were there 4 Iola clones? I know there was one in #4 but when were the other two? (besides DON)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

In the Casefiles, that Assassins loved to torment Joe with Iola.  Whenever Joe was up against the Assassins, the Assassins would always tell him that they were going to get some else he liked the same way they got Iola, and he would always ask why and where she was.  And I remember they made a couple of copies of her.  In Dead Of Night, that would've been Iola3 at least.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

I haven't read enough Casefiles, but I have to say that I have a bias for Iola. I do like the edge her absence gave the series (as some of you has mentioned), so in my world they end up together in the end when they're old and the HBs are not on as many intense cases lol. Half-kidding.

I'll just have to see about Vanessa. Maybe she just worked better in the Casefiles, but imagine her in the Originals or Digests. Again, I can't picture it because I don't really know this character.

bozonessinc

I've read about 6 casefiles, and one I did read had Vanessa playing one of the biggest roles. In book 102 WRONG SIDE OF the law she plays a huge role.. Here is a little excerpt:

"Vanessa Bender, Joe's girlfriend, was practically a profressional at creating computer graph-ics, and she worked out of her mother's animation studio.

Joe nodded, "I guess since she talked to you, she's changed her plans a little. She's going to volunteer with a teen program in town. It's called Hands to Help."

"Oh?" Callie Said. I've heard of them. They work with delinquents, right?""
(COPYRIGHT OF SIMON AND SCHUSTER)

003Robin457

I never read any with Venessa but I still say Iola is better! 8)