The Great Digest Search!

Started by Bigfootman, October 29, 2008, 06:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

003Robin457

I'm sorry there are no 11th graders on the puzzle.

NZone

Oh man, hey can I use this free spin now?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

003Robin457

NZone

AHH MAN! Why do we even have a bankrupt on the board?

003Robin457

*Nzone's book company goes out of business.*
Ohh no. Time for our next contestant.

NZone

(In high-pitched voice, wearing wig)

It's me, Positive Area

003Robin457

NZone

YEAH I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD! Wait, I have to get a level first ... um, level 6?

003Robin457

There are 6 level 6s.
*Oliva puts them up on the board*

NZone

YEAH! YEAH! *Joba fist pump* Um, I'd like to buy a level. Are there any 7's?

003Robin457

Yes there are 20 level 7s. Would you like to solve the puzzle?

NZone

tomswift2002

Quote from: NZone on November 26, 2008, 05:51:13 PM
Yeah, but how do they decide the reading levels?

When the manuscripts for books are sent to the publisher they are usually scanned into a computer and then in a document publishing program the editors will usually have the Readability statistics activated so that the computer can give them a grade level per chapter and then they add those up, divide them by the chapters, and get the grade level that is seen on the outside of the book.  Except, now instead of having to do that, the publisher just slaps on Ages 8-12 and that covers that part from being looked at too heavily.

You can activate the Readability Statistics in Microsoft Word or Corel Wordperfect or whatever word publishing program you are using at home.  Just look in the Help menu under "Flesh-Kincaid Reading level" or "Readability Statistics" to find out how to activate your Readability Statistics.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457