Secret Files: General discussion and speculation

Started by SDLagent, July 03, 2009, 01:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

The sixth title in this series will be entitled Bicycle Thief, and will be published in August 2011.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on July 08, 2010, 06:48:40 PM
The sixth title in this series will be entitled Bicycle Thief, and will be published in August 2011.

I wonder if this title might actually be published or if it will be left in the S&S vaults, just like the original Digest #86.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Do we have any reason to think the series won't still be going by then? ???
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on July 11, 2010, 07:13:48 PM
Do we have any reason to think the series won't still be going by then? ???

Considering that the Tom Swift Young Inventor series had an interval of 3 to 4 months between the last 4 books before being killed off...with SF #4 coming out this September, but then #5 not being released till April 2011, it looks like the series isn't going to last.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Okay- I didn't look at the dates to realize there was such a huge gap there.

SDLagent

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Bicycle Thief is the name of book six.

MacGyver

Ah- well, that would explain things then. Maybe there's still hope for this series yet.

MacGyver

I don't recall if this was mentioned earlier, but is there any reason to think this series would be ended with the seeming end of its "big brother" series The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers nearing?
I can't tell if it's exactly supposed to be set in the UB continuity as such or if it's just its own thing. Not that I would be really devestated if it did end- but just curious.

SDLagent

I wouldn't be surprised. It hasn't been coming out too regularly.

tomswift2002

So far, from what I've heard and tried to find out, the Secret Files is going to continue.

MacGyver

That's good then- I didn't see any reason for it not to continue just because of the UB deal- just was wondering.

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 29, 2011, 04:19:03 PM
So far, from what I've heard and tried to find out, the Secret Files is going to continue.

Okay. But I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't last much longer.

tomswift2002

I just received some rather disappointing news from Paul Mular that I've managed to further collaborate.

The Hardcovers of Graphic Novels #'s 1-3, 5,6, 11, 12, 13, 20 and New Casefiles #1 are all out of print.

Paperback versions of #'s 7-9 & 11, all appear to be in low stock right now, with no possibility of reprints occurring.

Both the Paperback and Hardcover Versions of #10 A Hardy Day's Night are out-of-print.

Paul has also noted that some of the Hardcovers seems to be getting sold off as "remainder" stock, meaning that the books have been sold to remainder companies at the price of the cost of printing that Papercutz incurred with no further profit being made.  This might indicate that S&S has told Papercutz to get rid of those titles in that format because the contracts may've changed.  No one knows for sure why the books are being remaindered, that is just a theory.

MacGyver

Well, that happens with older comics and graphic novels... too bad though.
Guess it's a good thing I got the graphic novels as they were released.