What was the ATAC Vs. The Network war all about?

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, January 26, 2011, 08:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

It's to keep them "safe". Meanwhile, he's sending his sons on crime-fighting missions.

MacGyver

I guess. It still gets pretty ridiculous though.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

I agree. Considering he doesn't seem overly concerned with his sons' safety.

tomswift2002

Not to mention that the criminal's don't bother to threaten the Hardy family, even after they've been locked up.  I can't think of which Grosset & Dunalp book it is right now, but the Hardy's house actually gets bombed by a criminal who doesn't want  Fenton and the boys investigating.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

QuoteNot to mention that the criminal's don't bother to threaten the Hardy family, even after they've been locked up.  I can't think of which Grosset & Dunalp book it is right now, but the Hardy's house actually gets bombed by a criminal who doesn't want  Fenton and the boys investigating.
I'm not sure which book that is either, but such events do sound familiar from the Original continuity. I know in the revised version of The Secret of the Old Mill, Fenton Hardy gets a threat wherein he's warned off the case otherwise it will mean danger for him and his family. So certainly criminals in that series threatened danger to the Hardys and actually carried out their threats a number of times.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

I think the Hardy home get bombed in the original text of The Flickering Torch Mystery.

One thing I is odd is that Fenton works at home. It wouldn't be so easy for criminals to strike at his family if he didn't advertise his address on his business card.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on January 28, 2011, 01:38:25 AM
I think the Hardy home get bombed in the original text of The Flickering Torch Mystery.

One thing I is odd is that Fenton works at home. It wouldn't be so easy for criminals to strike at his family if he didn't advertise his address on his business card.

Yeah and it seems that Frank and Joe are the ones who are targeted.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on January 27, 2011, 07:14:56 PM
It's to keep them "safe". Meanwhile, he's sending his sons on crime-fighting missions.
LOL so true

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on January 29, 2011, 01:27:29 PM
Yeah and it seems that Frank and Joe are the ones who are targeted.

Which makes for a better story! :)

This whole "war" thing is funny because they really aren't similar enough to compare. However, if I HAD to pick, I would pick The Network because they were in the Casefiles.

but then again, I'd also choose the Assassins as the best villains.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 29, 2011, 06:08:35 PM
LOL so true

Which makes for a better story! :)

This whole "war" thing is funny because they really aren't similar enough to compare. However, if I HAD to pick, I would pick The Network because they were in the Casefiles.

but then again, I'd also choose the Assassins as the best villains.

Yeah. So would I in that case.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on January 27, 2011, 09:03:03 PM
I'm not sure which book that is either, but such events do sound familiar from the Original continuity. I know in the revised version of The Secret of the Old Mill, Fenton Hardy gets a threat wherein he's warned off the case otherwise it will mean danger for him and his family. So certainly criminals in that series threatened danger to the Hardys and actually carried out their threats a number of times.

The funny thing is, that I seem to recall it being in one of the later post-revision era G&D texts.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 30, 2011, 02:47:14 PM
The funny thing is, that I seem to recall it being in one of the later post-revision era G&D texts.

Well, it's happened a few times.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on January 31, 2011, 10:34:23 PM
Well, it's happened a few times.

Do you know when?  Why do I keep thinking it might've been one of the UB's. . .  ???   

SDLagent

I don't remember it happening the UB. I was thinking of the Original series. It happened often in that series.

tomswift2002

Yeah, it seems to me that it was somewhere around Bombay Boomerang and The Jugle Pyramid.