Update on "Hardy Men" movie

Started by Lola, January 07, 2010, 10:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

I just ready the article. Thank you for posting it. 8)

I'm still on the fence about this one....I really don't see them being the Hardys. And if any movie should be made...it should be with younger characters...That's my opinion. However, if the movie comes out when it says it may...the world be over and therefore we won't have to worry about it. (lol jk)

Not holding my breath on this one...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if they're going to make parody film of The Hardy Boys, someone should make a real Hardy Boys film first.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on January 07, 2010, 06:51:28 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if they're going to make parody film of The Hardy Boys, someone should make a real Hardy Boys film first.

AGREED! Now who can we tell this to so they don't mess it up!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Jokerette

i like ben stiller, but they should totally go with Hardy Boys not Hardy Men. >:(
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

I would normally be upset about something like this if it was going to turn out like "The Brady Bunch" movies or "The Dukes of Hazzard", etc. or all the other movie versions of TV shows that have been horrible versions of the TV shows- mainly because they're intended as parodies. I don't know if "The Hardy Men" would necessarily have to be a parody exactly. I'm actually pretty okay with this movie. I can totally see Ben Stiller as Frank and Tom Cruise as Joe. (Especially Tom Cruise- all you have to do is look at movies like "Top Gun", "A Few Good Men", "Days of Thunder" and others to see that Tom Cruise plays the reckless, irresponsible but still cool guy quite well.)
          As long as the movie can be done with a similar tone to the 2007 Nancy Drew movie, I'll be happy with it. You can definitely tell that movie poked a little fun at Nancy Drew, but still stayed respectful to the books and her character. As long as Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise can stay respectful to The Hardy Boys books and Frank and Joe's characters, it will be fine with me. And I'm mainly hoping for this movie to be made so it'll give Universal the impetus it apparently needs to finally release Season 3 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. It's only 10 episodes! I want to see the rest of this show on DVD!
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Update: Now's its suppoesed to come out in 2013 OR 2012 according to IMDB. Considering the fact the SCRIPT has yet to be finnished even though the film was annonced at least 2 years ago, it will most likely take longer then that.  There a better chance of Casefile#128 being published then  "The Hardy Men" being released in theaters at all. 

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

It's more than two years. More like ten, I think.

MacGyver

Hey- it took George Lucas and Steven Spielberg like 19 years or so to get another Indiana Jones movie out. And that one had been announced back in the mid-to-late '90s (but talked about even before that.) You never know- all you can ever really do is just wait and see. Maybe The Hardy Men movie will actually happen- though I'm sure most fans will be totally okay with it not happening- ever.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

And the upcoming Tintin film's been 27 years in the making...

MacGyver

Yep- and that one actually is supposed to be released somewhere around Christmas in 2011! :D I will be excited to see the Tintin movie next year (which was definitely one of Steven Spielberg's influences in the Indiana Jones movies). I grew up reading the comics- such a great, fun series. Also around that time, the new Muppets movie will be released! So I'll be doubly excited about seeing both those movies. ;D

SDLagent

Yeah, I'm really excited for the Tintin film, too. Tintin was one of the first series I read, so I've been looking forward to the film for awhile.

MacGyver

The '90s cartoon series of Tintin was a pretty cool adaptation. It will be great to see the movie version. I believe it's going to be The Secret of the Unicorn- I'm not sure if it's going to be the whole story arc or just that one comic though. According to Wikipedia though- It will be directed by Steven Spielberg and the script is based on three of the stories; The Crab with the Golden Claws, The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure.
I'm sure it will be great.

SDLagent

Yeah, apparently, it's going to be based on the three books you mentioned. There's a rumor going around that it's also going to be based on The Shooting Star but I think that's pretty unlikely.

This is way off-topic, now, so we should continue this discussion, else where...

MacGyver