Review of Murder House the third book

Started by bozonessinc, September 30, 2008, 06:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Spade

Quote from: Negative Zone on October 19, 2008, 11:26:10 PM
I did it my way? Livin on a Prayer? Have a nice day? You give love a bad name? Jovi ROCKS!!

'I'm a cowboy! On a steel horse I ride. Cause I'm wanted: Dead or alive!'

Yeah, they suck. ;)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

bozonessinc

Off topic. Can we get back on the discussion of The review!

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

I give up.

whatever, continue your discussion

Olivia

In response to bozonessinc's review:

-Good idea about Joe having the sunglasses on the cover, although maybe they did try and the look didn't work (i.e. it looked weird or made him look like a gangster or a bad guy or a wannabe cool guy). Also, normally when people cover their face it's almost a sign not to trust them as per mise en scene, depending on the context and that's not the impression Joe's suppose to make as we're suppose to relate or connect with him.

-The dirt bike scene was interesting.

-I never got why they never suspected Brynn - you're suppose to look out for everyone! Unless Frank and Joe did think about her early on in the trilogy and I just forgot about it.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what I thought about her as a romantic subplot, but in hindsight I clearly see it did bring some "normalness" and a needed break from everything else.

On another note, I think the author(s) had to know from the beginning that Brynn was Nina because the story about the murder in the house years ago was brought up from the start. Or the writer(s) had to at least have a pretty good idea where they were going so they could set it up.

-I don't think the "poor people" alliance in and of itself was a bad idea because I thought it was realistic. The way they inplemented it was decent in the beginning, but as time went on it was poorly executed and just sort of dropped in here and there. But it had some decent use overall - like showing how far some people will go, or when to stop.

HB@1718

I wish Frank could have kissed Brynn. It would have made the story more juicy.

JoeHardyRocks

I thought so too! None of the boys have ever kissed anyone! Unless I don't remember....
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

HB@1718

Actually, Frank gets kissed by this girl in one of the graphic novels. I think its in To Die or Not to Die.

003Robin457

Olivia

Because she?s keeping her eyes on Joe, not Frank.

JoeHardyRocks

I was just talking about the UBs, not the GNs. And because I'm looking at Joe. :D
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."