Lost Brother

Started by JoeHardyRocks, November 09, 2010, 04:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay- so The Hardy Boys use guns in the UnderCover Brothers continuity? Didn't know that...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on April 18, 2011, 09:28:19 PM
Okay- so The Hardy Boys use guns in the UnderCover Brothers continuity? Didn't know that...

They have, for a while. I don't mind as long as they don't kill anyone. Then we'd have a problem! ::)

Olivia

Quote from: Katie on April 18, 2011, 10:11:23 PM
They have, for a while. I don't mind as long as they don't kill anyone.Then we'd have a problem! ::)

Except in self-defense (or by some weird accident).

MacGyver

QuoteExcept in self-defense (or by some weird accident).
I don't think they've even had that happen in the Casefiles or any of the other Hardy Boys series...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was the first time either of them had a gun and used it.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on April 19, 2011, 04:25:54 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that was the first time either of them had a gun and used it.

I think you're right. :)

Olivia

Quote from: MacGyver on April 19, 2011, 02:58:22 PM
I don't think they've even had that happen in the Casefiles or any of the other Hardy Boys series...

I meant when it would be acceptable to kill someone in general. There's certain cases where it wouldn't be someone's fault and/or justified.

MacGyver

In general, it's never acceptable to kill someone. However, it does happen, unfortunately, in the course of war and in self-defense. (i.e. fighting off an attacker who is determined to kill you himself) Neither of those scenarios are ever desired, but yes- those are typically justified instances.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

If Frank and Joe were really Network agents, do you think they would kill someone?

MacGyver

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on April 21, 2011, 08:55:47 PM
no.

AJF and I have been talking about it. We think if they had to make a choice, in a really tough case, and had no choice, they'd do it.

MacGyver

Well, perhaps this is a naive belief, but I like to think that the Hardy Boys, like MacGyver, would always find a way out and beat the odds to find a way to defeat their enemies without killing anyone. :D

tomswift2002

Quote from: Katie on April 21, 2011, 08:51:29 PM
If Frank and Joe were really Network agents, do you think they would kill someone?

Joe almost killed someone in Dead On Target when he was using a gun through a gun hole in the Gray Man's car.  Remember the Gray Man told Joe that the Network wanted the guys in the van alive, not dead.

Plus, in The Borderline Case the boys were running around with all sorts of guns ranging from handguns to stuff similar to Ak-47's.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 22, 2011, 11:11:10 AM
Joe almost killed someone in Dead On Target when he was using a gun through a gun hole in the Gray Man's car.  Remember the Gray Man told Joe that the Network wanted the guys in the van alive, not dead.

Plus, in The Borderline Case the boys were running around with all sorts of guns ranging from handguns to stuff similar to Ak-47's.

That book had it all, didn't it? ;D Why was there so many guns being used and what's a AK-47?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Katie on April 22, 2011, 12:26:59 PM
what's a AK-47?

One of the deadliest rifles in the world, made by the former-Soviet Union/Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca