3rd pc game?

Started by VLoneWolf, January 27, 2015, 02:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLoneWolf

I'm not sure how reliable Wikipedia is but it list a 3rd pc game tiled The Masked Phantom but it says it was shelved. 

MacGyver

Hey VLoneWolf! Nice to see you posting on here again. :) Yeah, I don't know how reliable Wikipedia is either on such things- but that's definitely interesting to note. I imagine the first two PC games didn't sell as well as expected, so any further titles were shelved. It would be interesting to see how far along they got in the planning for The Masked Phantom though. Thanks for that tidbit.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I think the first game sold pretty well, otherwise why would the publisher spend the money to create another one (not to mention, but have another developer port it from computer to a console).  But with the second one I think the publisher should've rethought how the game would play, since it was a very dramatic departure from the first game in terms of gameplay.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah, I guess that's true. Maybe it was the different gameplay that caused sales to nosedive for the second then, as I'm guessing must have happened. (That usually tends to be the chief reason such projects don't go further.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Since you basically went from an RPG to a "Where's Waldo?" type game. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Wow- that is quite a contrast.