Hardy Boys Casefiles Encyclopedia Update

Started by SkyWarp, March 24, 2011, 08:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

MacGyver

Aw, yeah! :) Brother Against Brother is one of my top favorites of The Hardy Boys Casefiles series- so it was really neat seeing that iconic cover on the front page of the site. 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

I must admit that Brother Against Brother has not historicaly been one of my favorites.  But then, unlike a lot of the other early books, I never read it more than once.  I must admit, that after reading it again, I have enjoyed it much more.  I would still not say it is my favorite by any stretch of the imagination, but it definitely is a well written book and kept my interest very well throughout.

MacGyver

That's cool- it gets fairly deep in exploring Frank and Joe's relationship as brothers with all the emotional underpinnings of Frank trying to find Joe in time. I thought it was pretty neat just for those reasons and for the suspense of Joe fighting against Frank, not knowing who either one of them are at the time- I also think the book was quite well written.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

frankfan75

MacGyver

Really? Why? I thought it was a great one- of course, I love those flashback scenes and the whole thing of Frank being pitted against Joe in a fight to restore his memory and capture the real killer- I just totally got into it. But of course, everyone has different tastes, I know.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on April 10, 2011, 09:59:51 PM
Really? Why? I thought it was a great one- of course, I love those flashback scenes and the whole thing of Frank being pitted against Joe in a fight to restore his memory and capture the real killer- I just totally got into it. But of course, everyone has different tastes, I know.

Did you like Strategic Moves? I did. ;D

MacGyver

Sure- Strategic Moves was a great one too- haven't read it in a long while though.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on April 18, 2011, 10:51:01 AM
Sure- Strategic Moves was a great one too- haven't read it in a long while though.

What's your top 10 favourites in the series?

MacGyver

I thought I'd answered this before- all 127. ;D

MacGyver

Okay- seriously though- if you like, I will try to name 10 of my favorite titles- or at least 10 that I think are really well worth the read- there are some books that are really pretty essential reading for The Hardy Boys Casefiles- or at least books that stood out from the others or had a profound impact and offered some important appearances from different characters.
Anyway-
Dead on Target
Evil, Inc.
The Lazarus Plot
Edge of Destruction
Brother Against Brother
Thick as Thieves
Operation: Phoenix (trilogy- Endangered Species, No Mercy, The Phoenix Equation
Ring of Evil (trilogy- Tagged for Terror, Survival Run, The Pacific Conspiracy
Dead of Night
Dead in the Water

(Okay- so I stuck in both trilogies as one entry- but there's at least 10 anyway. But I still wanted to list Too Many Traitors which I've read many times, along with The Last Laugh, Mayhem in Motion (which introduces Vanessa Bender), Dead Man in Deadwood (which I really have read a number of times and really enjoy), In Self-Defense (which is also one I've read and reread a few times) and tons others still....) :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on April 18, 2011, 02:54:02 PM
Okay- seriously though- if you like, I will try to name 10 of my favorite titles- or at least 10 that I think are really well worth the read- there are some books that are really pretty essential reading for The Hardy Boys Casefiles- or at least books that stood out from the others or had a profound impact and offered some important appearances from different characters.
Anyway-
Dead on Target
Evil, Inc.
The Lazarus Plot
Edge of Destruction
Brother Against Brother
Thick as Thieves
Operation: Phoenix (trilogy- Endangered Species, No Mercy, The Phoenix Equation
Ring of Evil (trilogy- Tagged for Terror, Survival Run, The Pacific Conspiracy
Dead of Night
Dead in the Water

(Okay- so I stuck in both trilogies as one entry- but there's at least 10 anyway. But I still wanted to list Too Many Traitors which I've read many times, along with The Last Laugh, Mayhem in Motion (which introduces Vanessa Bender), Dead Man in Deadwood (which I really have read a number of times and really enjoy), In Self-Defense (which is also one I've read and reread a few times) and tons others still....) :)

I like;

Dead on Target       Edge of DestructionHostages Of HateToo Many TraitorsStrategic MovesCastle Fear

Endangered SpeciesNo MercyThe Phoenix EquationSabotage At Sea

There's my top 10 list. ;D 8)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Here's my list, ;D 8)

Dead on Target 

Edge of Destruction

Hostages Of Hate

Too Many Traitors

Strategic Moves

Castle Fear

Endangered Species

No Mercy

The Phoenix Equation

Sabotage At Sea

The Last Leap

Olivia

For more answers, there's a topic for people's rankings ("Top Ten Casefiles") here. :)