Deadly Strategy (spoilers)

Started by SDLagent, September 01, 2009, 02:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

QuoteWhen A.T.A.C. agents across the country start getting strange and bizarre cases, it's up to Joe and Frank Hardy to find the computer hacker responsible! Anyone smart enough to break into A.T.A.C. security certainly has the skills to make things difficult for the Hardy Boys - even in what seems to be the empty Bayport High School in the middle of the night. But even the Undercover Brothers will be surprised when they uncover their adversary's true identity! With cameos by Lindsay Rider, the Sisters Noir, and Dennis Hogan, this special case involves a list of suspects that includes almost everyone the Hardy Boys have ever met!
This from Amazon. This sounds great.

tomswift2002

Doesn't that first line sort of sound like the plot for Rocky Road?

Of course I like how the Noir Sisters will be in the story.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Yeah, it does, except on a bigger scale. Which is always better..."the bigger, the better".

joshuamiguel

cant w8 to read that comic. Best HB Graphic Novel plot Ive ever read.

Althou, this would be good if its in an actual Hardy Boys UB novel...  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
I'm back!

003Robin457

SDLagent

I'm starting to think Deadly Strategy might be the final title in The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel series. Not only has a new graphic novel series been announced, but the next two titles, #21 and #22, should have been revealed by now. Also, the plot summary sounds like it would make a good series finale.

I hope this isn't the case, but if it is, at least this series looks like it's going to go out with a bang. A nice change from other Hardy Boys series that get discontinued with a title that doesn't give any indication it's the final story.

hardygirl847

No! Say it isn't so! I am still trying to catch up on my GNs and picked up some at the library today. Are you basing this off of the new Case Files GN that are starting soon too?

But I agree...if they are going to end it then it should be a good one! :)

It would help if they sold them in stores too probably. Not getting enough face time is surely not helping them!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

In my area the last time that I saw a Graphic Novel in the "new" bookstore (haven't seen any in the used bookstores) was back in 2005 when #'s 1 and 2 were coming out.  And, as far as I know, we don't have any comic book stores in the area.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

I've seen them in lots of stores, including box stores like Walmart.

MacGyver

I used to be able to find both The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew graphic novels at Barnes & Noble all the time, but now they've quit carrying them it seems. And most of the comic book shops I've gone to don't carry them either generally due to lack of sales. (Though they can always order it specifically for you if you want.) I'll probably just have to get the next few graphic novels through Amazon.com- of course, #19 is currently slated for March 16th. according to Amazon.
If #20 is indeed the last title, it definitely seems like a great one to go out on.
It will be interesting to see how things transition to this other "New Casefiles" series.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Maybe it is a location thing too because I see less and less of them. I look every time but give up. I guess the internet is still my new best friend when it comes to buying and finding all things Hardy. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I was just checking chapters.ca and they are saying that the 4 hardcover box sets are all in the Top 10 Bestselling Hardy Boys books that they carry (with the other six being filled by: (#3)The Hidden Harbor Mystery-G&D, (#4)The Great Airport Myster-G&D,  (#5)What Happened At Midnight-G&D, (#6)Mystery of The Samaurai Sword-G&D, (#7)Mystery At Cabin Island-G&D, (#10)The Sinister Signpost-G&D).

I also checked the popularity and GN's #15 and #19 are in the Top 2 places (Casefiles #33 Collision Course comes in at #3).

SDLagent

It's starting to look more and more like Deadly Strategy will be the last title in the series. I got my copy of Chaos at 30,000 Feet today, and in the "Watch Out for Papercutz" section, Jim Salicrup says, of the book in question, "it's a big one"!

QuoteAnd wait till you see HARDY BOYS Graphic Novel #20 "Deadly Strategy"! In an all-new adventure that involves the mysterious Ocean of Osyria jewels - those jewels are like the Castafiore Emerald or the Pink Panther Diamond! - you'll be seeing the return of many familiar faces - both friends, and mostly foes - from previous HB adventures! Whatever yo do don't miss HB #20 - it's a big one.

Plot elements from the first story, the return of characters from past stories including the series' main nemesis (the Noirs)? This looks like a finale if ever saw one! Of course this all could just be because, at volume #20, this is a milestone title.

Also, Salicrup begins the "Watch Out" section by thanking the whole creative team on The Hardy Boys, making a point of mentioning that Scott Lobdell has written each and every HB title for Papercutz, thus far. This, to me, reads like something you'd say near the end of a series.

But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see when the book finally comes out,  in (hopefully) two months!

tomswift2002

I just got an email saying that my copy of Chaos is on its way.  But it does sound like a rather big story, similar to The Secret Of The Island Treasure and True Thriller.

MacGyver

QuoteAnd wait till you see HARDY BOYS Graphic Novel #20 "Deadly Strategy"! In an all-new adventure that involves the mysterious Ocean of Osyria jewels - those jewels are like the Castafiore Emerald or the Pink Panther Diamond! - you'll be seeing the return of many familiar faces - both friends, and mostly foes - from previous HB adventures! Whatever yo do don't miss HB #20 - it's a big one.
Nice! I'm pretty psyched for this story. And I love that they referenced both the classic Peter Sellers (and much later Steve Martin) Pink Panther films (and cartoons, of course :D)- and then the Castafiore Emerald- YES! Love the Tintin reference. 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"