The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I don't recall any of the TV episodes that I've seen, or video games, where the Bo's have a dog.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah- this one is kind of unfair since it's a hard-to-find appearance- so I'll just go ahead and say it- I was thinking of Tiny, who appears in the 1967 pilot The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Chinese Junk- but since you got the dog from the Clues Brothers book that I wasn't even aware of earlier, I'll give it to you.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on November 24, 2011, 07:09:07 PM
Yeah- this one is kind of unfair since it's a hard-to-find appearance- so I'll just go ahead and say it- I was thinking of Tiny, who appears in the 1967 pilot The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Chinese Junk- but since you got the dog from the Clues Brothers book that I wasn't even aware of earlier, I'll give it to you.

huh. I didn't remember that at all. And, as you know, I really liked the pilot.

MacGyver

it was a pretty minor thing- the dog briefly showed up when The Hardys first go home and Aunt Gertrude greets them at the door with her doctor friend- and then later on Tiny helps keep the criminals at bay at the end of the pilot...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Oh, yeah. I do remember the ending now.

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

ah, then that one was unfair for you. Anyway- you've got the next one. Go for it. :)
(And if you get a chance, you should check out the pilot- it's really worth it.)

tomswift2002

What music format does Frank say that Buddy Death's last album was released on?

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Santa Claus on November 27, 2011, 05:45:48 PM
What music format does Frank say that Buddy Death's last album was released on?

A CD? I was going to say MP3, but I knew that's a little to soon for that.

MacGyver

MacGyver

A music format that was popular back in the '70s. It became something of a joke later on with the introduction of cassette tapes...
Somehow as a kid I was never aware of these until years later... I had LPs and cassette tapes (and much later CDs) but never 8 track tapes. Of course, now I can find them all the time at thrift stores. ;D
A friend of mine who works on older cars once found a working 8 track player in a vehicle and told me he was able to keep the player and so he set it up in his truck to listen to some of his old classic albums. That's pretty cool- I like older technology. :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: Mistletoe on November 27, 2011, 08:07:14 PM
A CD? I was going to say MP3, but I knew that's a little to soon for that.

Neither of those.

Quote from: MacGyver
8 track

Not that either.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

tomswift2002

Quote from: Mistletoe on November 28, 2011, 10:43:15 AM
LP?

You got it.  If you look in Chapter 1 of Rock 'N' Revenge (1991), Frank mentions that Buddy's latest LP hit #1 on the charts.