Hardy Men

Started by FrankJoeATAC, August 24, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Hardy Men will be a good movie?

Yes
3 (9.4%)
No
17 (53.1%)
Not Sure
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

hardygirl847

MacGyver,

Um...thanks...now I have that song stuck in my head!! lol :P

*crosses fingers that the new show will be one to be proud of*
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Just for you MacGyver...

This is the song that never ends....it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was but they"ll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. It goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was but they'll continue singing it forever just because....

From Lambchop...bringing it back old school. lol And it DOES get stuck in your head. Ah darn...that backfired. :P
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Hahaha! I'm quite familiar with this song! Love it! Lambchop and Shari Lewis rule! Used to watch this a good bit when I was younger- I've actually still got a Lambchop LP from childhood too. ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Olivia

Ah, the never-ending song.

Anyways, I echo was most of you are saying. This is just a bad idea on so many levels. Why don't they just make the stupid parody and have it flop, so it can be over with.

Oh, but then it'll give the Hardys a bad name. Feels like we can't win >:(

Mattie

i think it might be a good movie but it wont really follow the books :(

Olivia

I seriously think it will be a mockery. I know I shouldn't be so pessimistic, and normally I give things more of a chance, but everything I've heard so far doesn't seem good...at all.

hardygirl847

Glad you liked it MacGyver!! LOL

And the Hardy Men IS a mockery. I know we should be more positive because it is Frank and Joe. I think they would do a lot better having two teenagers or at least college kids be Frank and Joe...BEFORE making them older. Sure, there are people out there who "used" to read HB or ND...and this might be nostalgic for them....but it will just be a parody.

"Per Variety, The Hardy Men  will feature the siblings, once inseparable but now estranged, reuniting to solve one last case. No word on whether they'll still go by Frank and Joe or if the screenplay will call for more modern monikers."

HOW CAN YOU HAVE A MOVIE ABOUT THE HARDY BOYS BUT NOT CALL THEM FRANK AND JOE?????

Sorry for the yelling. Find the rest of the 2007 article here...

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b54393_Cruise_and_Stiller_Hardy_Men.html

MacGyver

Maybe Franklin and Joseph sounds more grown-upy. ;)

hardygirl847

I could understand Joseph...but NOT Franklin! His full name is NOT Franklin!! Or Francis for that matter!! Sorry...it's a pet peeve. AND if they wanted more modern names...I don't think Franklin would be included in that. With our luck, they will be named Tom and Ben Hardy!  ::)

JoeHardyRocks

Hmmm... "estranged" is NOT the first word that comes to mind when I think of Frank and Joe..... :( They're probably gonna have pot-bellies and beards.... EW..... and mustaches   :P..... Oh, and WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU CALL THEM!?!??!?! The Hardy Boys have always ALWAYS ALWAYS  ALWAYS been FRANK and JOE!!!! Joseph and Franklin sound like 60-year-old man names :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

While I realize that "Frank" is a full name in itself and need not be an abbreviation, it's still a common shortened form of Franklin and given that the author of The Hardy Boys books is Franklin W. Dixon- it seems like it would be a logical choice. I think I would like it better than Francis in any case.

SDLagent

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on October 18, 2010, 01:56:46 PM
Hmmm... "estranged" is NOT the first word that comes to mind when I think of Frank and Joe..... :( They're probably gonna have pot-bellies and beards.... EW..... and mustaches   :P..... Oh, and WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU CALL THEM!?!??!?! The Hardy Boys have always ALWAYS ALWAYS  ALWAYS been FRANK and JOE!!!! Joseph and Franklin sound like 60-year-old man names :P

Actually, there's probably more old men called Frank than Franklin.

Olivia

"Franklin" by itself reminds me of Franklin the turtle.

"Joseph" conjures up images of the Bible, as has been said by someone before.

hardygirl847

The name debate could go on and on....However, I think the most important part is that you CANNOT have a Hardy Boys movie (even if they are older) without calling them Frank and Joe. That's what they are in the books...that is what they should be in the movie. It's ridiculous to think anything else! I don't know how accurate or current that info is but it certainly leads to me to believe they are going to royally mess this movie up. I agree with JoeHardyRocks in that the boys shouldn't be estranged either. Why does that have to be a progression of their relationship? Married with kids and moved somewhere else? Sure...that's realistic. But estranged and FORCED to work together???? Yeah, I don't think so.