Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers TRILOGY

Started by SkyWarp, January 08, 2008, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The cover to the 1st book in the upcoming Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers "Murder House" trilogy has been revealed at Amazon.com.  "Deprivation House" is scheduled to be released May 20, 2008.  At this time it is unclear whether this will also be Mission #22 or if the regular missions are on hiatus or if they have been permently replaced with a new mini-series format.

Also a quick reminder that both Graphic Novel #11: Abracadeath and Mission #20: Feeding Frenzy have both hit book stores today and are also available from Amazon.com.

Lola

Well, I like the cover! I just recieved Feeding Frenzy in the mail today....haven't had a chance to read it just yet.

Olivia

Trilogy, eh? Wonder if it will be good in UB format - it will be interesting to find out!

tomswift2002

It'll be tough to live up to the Operation: Phoenix trilogy from the Casefiles.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Well, with the way the Undercover Brothers books have been going lately, they have been living up to the high standards set by the Original/early-Digest series or even the Casefiles.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Centrion

So, you think the Undercover Brothers have been improving?
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Oh, sorry, I meant to type haven't been living up to the high standards set by...[/i].  I must've been a little tired when I wrote that last night.

Centrion

Yeah, I agree, their okay, but not as good as the Casefiles. A lot of times I can only find a few good points in the books, yet in the Casefiles (or at least the earlier ones) it seems to flow a lot easier.
-Frank
-Joe

SkyWarp

I picked up my copy of Comic Con Artist today and it has a preview of the upcoming TRILOGY in the back of the book.  15 pages of preview. 

tomswift2002

I just received an email yesterday from chapters.ca saying that my copy was shipped, so it might be arriving today, or I might not get it till Tuesday.

SDLagent

I have posted the plot summary of book #1 Deprivation House on The Hardy Boys Wiki, using information given in the 15 page sneak peek in Comic Con Artist. Click on the link below to read it. 

http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/The_Murder_House_Trilogy#Plot_summary

Sam Spade

Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Centrion

Hmm, the intro in Comic Con Artist makes it look interesting. Time will Tell, I suppose.
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

I just received Comic Con Artist yesterday as well.  It appears that not only will the cover be changed, but also the chapter layouts and how the "Frank" and "joe" part of the series are indentified.  As I recall, this is only the fourth time in Hardy Boys history where a preview was provided in the books.  The other times being when the Casefiles were first coming out, Nancy Drew Files #9 had a few pages from Dead On Target, and then the write-ups for Evil, Inc.; Cult Of Crime; The Lazarus Plot.  Casefiles #65 and 66 had a preview for the Ultra Thriller Time Bomb (it was the same preview in both books).  Casefiles #49 Dirty Deeds and #50 Power Play, also had the same preview for Tom Swift #1 The Black Dragon.  This preview was reprinted in every printing of those two books until they were declared out of print.