UB Mission #19: Foul Play

Started by SkyWarp, March 03, 2007, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The 19th book in the Undercover Brothers series has been revealed at the S&S site.  "Foul Play" is scheduled to be released in November of this year. 

Raven

Another casefile title. *sighs*

donwisenor

hardy-boys.com

I don't much care for that cover, actually. :(  (Sorry, Don! :D)

Seems like it's all just generic knock-off stock cover art.  I guess it ties into the theme of "print them once, then forget them" that happens with the series these days.  I wonder if youngsters 70 years from now will be passing these books onto their grandkids?

tomswift2002

The cover and title almost remind of Digest #170 Kickoff To Danger.  I wonder if the book is going to just be a reedited version of that story?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

Yeah, but I wonder what Fenton will think? He was deadset against Frank and Joe doing Football, I thought.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Centrion

I just read it, and it makes no mention of what Fenton thinks. Weird, its like they just ignored the beginning books where it said that Fenton won't let them  play football.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Q

So, Centrion, did you like Foul Play? ???

SDLagent

Is Mission #5 ''Rocky Road'', the book which says that, Fenton doesn't like the boys playing football?

I'm pretty sure it is but can't remember for sure.

Centrion

I thought it was in Rocky Road, too. And to Q-
It was pretty good, a lot better then Pushed.
-Frank
-Joe

SDLagent

I thought Rockey Road had a good plot, too. The problem with it, though, is that it has lots of continuity problems, and since then the continuity of the series has just gotten worse! And as you know that's my number one problem about the series.

Sam Spade

Quote from: Centrion on July 22, 2008, 11:39:42 AM
I thought it was in Rocky Road, too. And to Q-
It was pretty good, a lot better then Pushed.

Why do you guys hate Pushed so much?!?! It wasn't the best one but I didn't think it was that bad!
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SDLagent

Same here, I don't think it was that bad! In fact the boys did some nice detective work towards the end.

tomswift2002

Considering that the book just dragged along and didn't really pick up steam really turned me off after 6 chapters.  I still haven't finished the book and I don't plan to.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Well, only one part of Pushed stands out to me - when people were in a mall or in a store or something. That was a sort of interesting component I think, with a bit of action.