Hardy Boys Adventures 7 Shadows at Predator Reef

Started by Hardy Sleuth, December 08, 2013, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on October 30, 2014, 03:09:39 PM
I just got this book today finally and I see what you mean about the size of the book.... but then, #4 in the series, Into Thin Air, was on the short side too- 128 pages, according to Amazon's listing. (I don't have the book in front of me right now to check.)

Right now I'm re-reading the 1968 version of The Sinister Signpost and that book is 175 pages in length, and with 3 different plots running at the same time.  In comparison, the newer books do not provide enough space to properly develop a story.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I suppose it might be an attempt to cater to shorter attention spans of kids..... but yeah- it's a shame the books aren't longer. (Especially for the prices they charge for them now- I remember back when The Hardy Boys cost about $3 or $4 or so.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Wow- thanks for posting the cover artwork, kosmicdust. Nice! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"