Deadly Strategy for The Hardy Boys

Started by SDLagent, June 03, 2009, 01:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Quote from: SDLagent on August 20, 2009, 03:09:02 AM
That's Wikipedia.

Update: I was a little hasty in disregarding Wikipedia..."Gold Medal Murder" will be released in July 2010.

Looks like the Undercover Brothers may be heading to Canada!  :)

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Yeah, it does...and right in my backyard at that (well, almost)! Funny they wouldn't release it before the games, though.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on August 22, 2009, 06:18:40 PM
Yeah, it does...and right in my backyard at that (well, almost)! Funny they wouldn't release it before the games, though.

Or even during the games.  Plus if it takes place at the Winter Olympics, why release it in the summer?  I guess that's just S&S for you.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Well, maybe it's set at the 2012 games. I wouldn't put it past S&S!

003Robin457

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on September 07, 2009, 03:46:20 PM
Is it even a real event?

Well I know that in 1992 when Simon & Schuster released Sabotage At Sports City, even though the Summer Olympics were in Barcelona, Spain and the Winter Olympics were in Albertville, France, Simon & Schuster placed the Olympics in, I believe, Atlanta (where the 1996 Olympics would be hosted) and then had a combination of events from Olympic in the 1970's and 1980's, as well as the 1990's.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

I actually like the GNs better than the UBs. The plot is still about as thin as the copier paper in the room in which I'm typing this reply, but at least you get to see the action unfold and that adds a bit of appeal to the story. I also like that there is more friendly brother-brother interaction in the GNs than in the UBs (almost reminiscent of the good 'ole Casefiles and Digests.

SDLagent

I agree with just about everything that you say there, although I don't think the plots are that bad. Sure they're pretty straight forward, but I blame that on the page count not the stories themselves. The Graphic Novel series suffers from having so little pages - less than 100 pages.

Olivia

Plus, each page is not filled up with words so it's even less than that, in a way.

The GNs are really good quality for its conciseness.