New Hardy Boys Graphic Novels

Started by SDLagent, April 03, 2009, 11:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

003Robin457

JoeHardyRocks

WHen I first looked at it, I actually blinked my eyes a few times to get udes to the color. :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

And then where ever you looked you could still see the cover since the lights burned it into your eyes.

SDLagent

Yeah, I'm seeing it in my sleep.

Olivia

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on April 06, 2009, 02:38:31 PM
I don't really like the new cover art. IMO it makes Frank and Joe look all rough and tough instead of detectives. Notice the flaming dice on Frank's vest?

Wow, I didn't even notice that.

See, maybe it's the little things that I'm not too keen on. I don't know.

SDLagent

Paulo Henrique says:

QuoteThanks for pointing out the cover to ?Danger Unlimited.? I hadn?t seen that yet. It?s a weird coincidence. When I was working with Jim and Mike on the covers to Hardy Boys 18 and 19, Mike and I came up with the idea to ?pay homage? as he says, to ?North by Northwest,? a great movie. That is where the idea came from.

SDLagent

Paulo Henrique posted this, among other logo-less cover art, today, on his blog.

Tell him what you think:

http://papercutz.com/blog/2009/04/09/hardy-boys-cover-art/

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

What was that picture supposed to be? I can't see it.
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Click the link and leave a comment for the artist.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you're talking about, now. Not the Hardy picture the other one...does this work?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xG-n1z3FlTQ/Sc__PAlMf7I/AAAAAAAABUI/40R1kSXlRAc/s1600-h/ND19_COVER.jpg

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

Bigfootman

Quote from: SDLagent on April 08, 2009, 07:47:04 PM
Paulo Henrique says:

Sorry about accusing you guys of ripping of the cover of Danger Unlimited, it just looked very close.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Here's the plot summary for these books from Amazon.com. First the summary for D.A.N.G.E.R. Spells the Hangman:

QuoteFrank and Joe go undercover at a national spelling bee where a mysterious madman known as the Hangman is determined to erase the competition!  Teens from across the globe have been invited to attend, and A.T.A.C. and the Hardy Boys have to do everything they can to keep the Hangman from spelling disaster!

When I saw the cover I thought the bad guy, in this one, would be awesome! Sounds like Scott Lobdell's falling back on his superhero writing for this one.

And here's what the plot for Chaos at 30,000 Feet! looks like:

QuoteWhen inner city kids are gifted pilot lessons from a flight school, several of them go up but don't come down!  Where did they go?   Where did they land?  Could they not have landed at all?  Joe and Frank take to the skies in this high flying adventure as the undercover brothers seek get to the bottom of this mystery... even if they have to sail the clouds to get the answers!

Both sound good. Notice the last one makes no mention of ATAC. Hopefully this means we're getting another non-ATAC story.

003Robin457

Quote from: SDLagent on June 01, 2009, 02:31:24 AM
Sounds like Scott Lobdell's falling back on his superhero writing for this one.
Never a bad thing. 8)

SDLagent