How Many Hardy Boys Books Have You Read?

Started by JoeHardyRocks, February 14, 2011, 07:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many HB books have you read?

1-25
0 (0%)
25-50
0 (0%)
50-75
1 (11.1%)
75-100
2 (22.2%)
100-150
1 (11.1%)
150-200
2 (22.2%)
200-300
0 (0%)
300+
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closes: November 13, 2035, 07:42:56 PM

JoeHardyRocks

How many HB books have you read in all? Not just counting the ones you own, but ones you've borrowed from your friends, or checked out of the library. :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

Well, when you think of all the series, including the Original and Revised stories written for the first 38 books between 1927 and 1973, plus all the spin-off books that don't necessarily belong in a series, you are probably looking at anywhere between 520 and 550 books that have been written about the Hardy Boys since 1927.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 14, 2011, 08:06:45 PM
Well, when you think of all the series, including the Original and Revised stories written for the first 38 books between 1927 and 1973, plus all the spin-off books that don't necessarily belong in a series, you are probably looking at anywhere between 520 and 550 books that have been written about the Hardy Boys since 1927.

Whoa, you're right then. :o I never even thought of that.

SDLagent

I'd have to say 100-150. I've read about 54 Bluespines, 10 original texts, and over 20 of both the Casefiles and UB. Plus, a few Digests, and all the graphic novels.

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 14, 2011, 07:49:06 PM
I read over 300+ ;D

Yeah, you already posted that. Don't do duplicate posts.

MacGyver

How are we counting this? By my calculations, I've read at least 351. I didn't count in the graphic novels though since those are technically books- but I've read all of those to date as well.
I've also read all of the Original 58 Hardy Boys books (revised text here) as well as 3 of the original text (The Tower Treasure, The House on the Cliff, The Mystery of Cabin Island- I hope to read the other 35 original text sometime too. Though in the case of The Clue in the Embers and The Secret of Pirates' Hill I actually have read the original text versions rather than the revised versions though I didn't realize it at the time. I have British printings of both- Collins hardback and Armada paperback, respectively, and in both cases they apparently used the original text rather than the revised- though most all their other printings of the other titles are revised text as far as I know.)
I've also read all of the Digests series, from #59 to #190. And I've read all of the Casefiles books, #1 to #127. I've read 24 of the Supermystery ('88) books- still working on finishing that series. And then there are some spinoff books I've read- like The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook, The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook, Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths, Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths 2, The Hardy Boys Guide to Life (but I didn't count this one in my numbers since it's not really a story). And I've read 2 of The Clues Brothers books- #3 and #5, I believe it is. And I've read the first book in The Secret Files series.
And though I own all of them to date, I have yet to get to reading any of the Undercover Brothers books- I plan to sometime though. I had kinda focused on tracking down all of the Digests and reading those first though and I realized that goal a while back. And I do have both of the Tom Swift crossover books- the Ultra Thrillers- and I've yet to read those as well. I definitely want to read those sometime too though, since they're set in the Casefiles universe. And of course because Tom Swift is cool. :) And I may get through The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories one of these days too.
     I think that's all of them. ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on February 14, 2011, 11:12:06 PM
I'd have to say 100-150. I've read about 54 Bluespines, 10 original texts, and over 20 of both the Casefiles and UB. Plus, a few Digests, and all the graphic novels.

Yeah, you already posted that. Don't do duplicate posts.

Relax, SDLagent. She didn't actually say she read 300+ the first time. She said that was a lot. That's technically different.

Quote from: MacGyver on February 15, 2011, 02:18:00 AM
How are we counting this? By my calculations, I've read at least 351. I didn't count in the graphic novels though since those are technically books- but I've read all of those to date as well.
I've also read all of the Original 58 Hardy Boys books (revised text here) as well as 3 of the original text (The Tower Treasure, The House on the Cliff, The Mystery of Cabin Island- I hope to read the other 35 original text sometime too. Though in the case of The Clue in the Embers and The Secret of Pirates' Hill I actually have read the original text versions rather than the revised versions though I didn't realize it at the time. I have British printings of both- Collins hardback and Armada paperback, respectively, and in both cases they apparently used the original text rather than the revised- though most all their other printings of the other titles are revised text as far as I know.)
I've also read all of the Digests series, from #59 to #190. And I've read all of the Casefiles books, #1 to #127. I've read 24 of the Supermystery ('88) books- still working on finishing that series. And then there are some spinoff books I've read- like The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook, The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook, Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths, Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths 2, The Hardy Boys Guide to Life (but I didn't count this one in my numbers since it's not really a story). And I've read 2 of The Clues Brothers books- #3 and #5, I believe it is. And I've read the first book in The Secret Files series.
And though I own all of them to date, I have yet to get to reading any of the Undercover Brothers books- I plan to sometime though. I had kinda focused on tracking down all of the Digests and reading those first though and I realized that goal a while back. And I do have both of the Tom Swift crossover books- the Ultra Thrillers- and I've yet to read those as well. I definitely want to read those sometime too though, since they're set in the Casefiles universe. And of course because Tom Swift is cool. :) And I may get through The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories one of these days too.
     I think that's all of them. ;D

WOW

I'm not sure how many I've read in total. I could be off on my count but I still want to reread some that I read when I was 12. I now own a ton, so hopefully I will be able to read them all eventually.

Are you counting ones that you have reread? Some I have read several times but I don't think that counts.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

JoeHardyRocks

No, I don't think we should count ones that we re-read... I've probably read 150-200, but closer to 150, including HB ND crossovers and all that. :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Well, I think I've had a few more years to read these books than some of you here... ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 16, 2011, 02:24:44 PM
Relax, SDLagent. She didn't actually say she read 300+ the first time. She said that was a lot. That's technically different.

WOW

I'm not sure how many I've read in total. I could be off on my count but I still want to reread some that I read when I was 12. I now own a ton, so hopefully I will be able to read them all eventually.

Are you counting ones that you have reread? Some I have read several times but I don't think that counts.

No. I was counting all the ones I've read once. ::)

hardygirl847

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 16, 2011, 04:27:18 PM
No. I was counting all the ones I've read once. ::)

I know...I was just asking if that was something that counted. I didn't think so...and I agree that it shouldn't be considered. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)