#17 Murder at the Mall

Started by Sam Spade, July 14, 2007, 01:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Quote from: Sam Spade on July 24, 2007, 01:17:43 AM
I was wondering if the :D 'Chums' :D were in this one.
Were they ???
As I said before in this thread Chet and Iola play a big role in this book ;D but as for the other ??chums? none of them appear. :'(

Also here are some things I forgot to mention before:
Frank doesn?t act like a total geek around girls ;D and Brian Conrad isn?t even mentioned. :)   

tomswift2002

Could S&S be trying to revamp the series?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 24, 2007, 04:40:34 PM
Could S&S be trying to revamp the series?

I am not sure if "revamping" is a good idea.  The old phrase, "How you get 'em is how you keep 'em" is true in all areas of life and marketing.  However much some may dislike certain aspects of the series, I do not think that going away from those aspects (at least as far as characters and characteristics of those characters are concerned) is a very smart idea. 

There are those out there that like the UB books just the way they are, and changing them may alienate those people to the point that they will not buy the books anymore.  Those that already do not buy the books will most likely never buy them no matter what changes are made to them (this is true in all aspects of media and marketing). 

The only two options I would prefer are stay the course and write better books (plots and quality of writing) or end the series and start something different. 

But then looking at the history of the digests and casefiles, the third option of "revamping by slight changes over time" may again be the way things go and cause the eventual end anyway. 

Sam Spade

Quote from: SDLagent on July 24, 2007, 01:30:56 PM
As I said before in this thread Chet and Iola play a big role in this book ;D but as for the other ??chums? none of them appear. :'(

Also here are some things I forgot to mention before:
Frank doesn?t act like a total geek around girls ;D and Brian Conrad isn?t even mentioned. :)   

I didn't think they would be, but I have to admit, I was hopeing that they would put the 'Chums' back into the books.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Centrion

I saw that it was in, and was suprised because I thought it wouldn't come out for a while. I Bought it, and it's pretty good. I like how the Hardy's friends play a role, though Callie has yet to be seen. Chet, giving up junk fodd? Didn't see that coming.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Junk Food?  How about Chet getting a personal trainer paid for by his parents?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Murder at the Mall (Sales Rank: #115,404 in Books) is the best selling Undercover Brothers book on Amazon.com. 

tomswift2002

At chapters.ca, Murder At The Mall is also the top selling Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers book.  chapters.ca doesn't have a ranking system like amazon.com, so I'm just going on the bestselling Hardy Boys books at chapters.ca, and Mall is #6.  The top selling Hardy Boys book right now is  Secret Of The Caves.

HardyFreak95

Hi I'm new here and I've almost read every Hardy boy book created. Murder at the mall was AWESOME! I can't wait for Nancy Drew & Hardy Boy Super Mystery #2!!
I Luv the Hardy boys and Nancy Drew! That's why I live in Bayport Heights!

Centrion

I just thought of something. Even though it never exactly said Chet's parents were poor, unless they changed it they still live on a farm. A personal trainer cant be cheap, and even though Chet was trying to contribute I'd think that would hurt their income pretty bad.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

So, maybe Mr. Morton is the president of a farm conglomerate.

Centrion

True, I was just curious what anybody else would think since it was never actually stated.
-Frank
-Joe

Bigfootman

Murder was the best Undover Brothers in my opion.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Bigfootman on July 15, 2008, 11:26:10 AM
Murder was the best Undover Brothers in my opion.
How does Extreme Danger stand up to it? Or Hurricane Joe??  :-\
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks, in the ''How many UB books have you read?'' thread you said that you have read all 23 Undercover Brothers, so why wouldn't you know this?