Any more games coming?

Started by VLoneWolf, December 11, 2012, 06:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLoneWolf

I have't played the fist 2 but are they going to do any more?

MacGyver

At this point, it seems doubtful. I don't think The Hardy Boys video games did nearly as well as the Nancy Drew video games have done. Maybe the launch of The Hardy Boys Adventures series will spark some new interest in a new Hardy Boys video game though. Who knows? I have The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks video game for Nintendo DS. I beat that a while back and it's a pretty fun game. I also have the 2 PC video games- The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft and The Hardy Boys: The Perfect Crime, but I still have yet to beat these. (Sadly, I haven't really played them, though I've had them for a while now. I don't always seem to take as much time for video games nowadays, though I do still enjoy playing them when I can.)
I don't know if you're aware, but The Hardy Boys also show up in two of the Nancy Drew video games as playable characters- Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave. I've got both of these as well. Maybe one day I'll beat all of them. :) 8)

I'm happy to just have these video games. I've been a long time fan of The Hardy Boys and I had never thought I'd see a video game for them- so it is nice to have the ones that we do have available. But as I said earlier, maybe the launch of the new book series will spark interest to get more released.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

The Hardy's also show up in one of the earlier Nancy Drew games, #8 I believe, but they are only there as phone options, so they don't actually make appearances.  But it'll be interesting what happens, since while The Hidden Theft was nice (on both PC and Wii), The Perfect Crime was little more than a Where's Waldo adventure.  But it would be nice to see Nancy and the boys team up for another game.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

mabey if they did I think its call open world? It might work.

Hardy Sleuth

That would be so cool to have more Hardy Boys video games. 8) And to be able to sleuth all you want would be awesome. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Here's something I found online that I thought was pretty cool- :) 8)

Nice juxtaposition of the original and digital versions of The Hardy Boys. :)

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

Yeah- I'm wondering if that's a screenshot from the game that they made for the cell phone's wallpaper- that's pretty neat. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Definitely a cool pic! 8) I recognize the wallpaper the person has there. The actual picture is from the Nancy Drew game Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, one of the times the Hardy brothers were guests and here's the wallpaper download from Her Interactive for the newest game The Deadly Device . Frank and Joe are phone guests in that game. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

Sweet! Thanks for the wallpaper link. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Judah-Ben-Hur

I hate that version of Joe, the version of him in "cave" was better. He looks too cartoony here, though Frank looks ok.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Eh- I don't have an issue with it. Is it the hair? I do agree that their later video game appearance is a bit more realistic though.

Judah-Ben-Hur

that hair!! XD Yes, partly. I wonder why they didn't do the paintings of characters like they did for the Cell Phone pictures in "Alibi in Ashes"
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9