#14 Hazed

Started by Lola, February 12, 2007, 08:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola

This was much better than #13!!! The storyline.....Frank and Joe's interaction!  Although it seems that Joe hair color has changed!

QuoteHe nodded towards a short boy with light brown hair about the color of Joe's.

What happened to my blonde Joe Hardy!!??!! ???

Lola

hardy-boys.com

I can't find this one in any of my bookstores, just #13. :(  I'm hoping that it's because it's been bought by someone, and not just because the stores won't order it!!!

Lola

I can never find any of the UB books at the bookstore! I have to order them online!

Made2LuvU

Rottweiler7692

I just read this one yesterday.  I got it from the library.  It was okay but not especially good.  "Aunt Trudy" is just soo not Aunt Gertrude from the other books.  It really bugs me.
I just noticed that it had a lot of violence for a childrens book.  Does anyone else think that or is it just me? 
My fav part was at the beginning of chapter 4 when Frank didn't care about which bed he got but took the bed that Joe wanted just to give him a hard time.

Centrion

Hmm, not bad. I didn't like the ending too much. Too much violence.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Olivia

I didn't like the storyline period, so that had a factor in how much I liked it ;)

I still find it kind of weird how the books describe the mission video they're watching. Obviously I can follow along, but in my opinion, it's just really weird, especially this one. Never mind, it's hard to explain what I'm thinking. Hah.

Centrion

Yeah, don't you hate it when you want to explain something but cant think of the words.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

003Robin457

Quote from: Lola on February 12, 2007, 08:54:36 PM
This was much better than #13!!! The storyline.....Frank and Joe's interaction!  Although it seems that Joe hair color has changed!

What happened to my blonde Joe Hardy!!??!! ???

Lola

What they where trying to say was that the guys hair was so light brown that it was almost blond like Joe's.

4567TME

SEE BELOW FOR FINAL RATING!!!

Bigfootman

This book is horrible! The plot is amazenly boring, when action does happen it is too short, and the bad guy is lame!

2 out of 10

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

4567TME

I'm going to re-rate it:

Poor

Hardy Man

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on November 10, 2009, 07:35:44 AM
This book is horrible! The plot is amazenly boring, when action does happen it is too short, and the bad guy is lame!
2 out of 10
I understand completely. I mean, how dumb is a story about a group of jealous fraternity members that accidentally killed someone? How obvious is that? Can you say, "Jump the shark."?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Man on November 22, 2009, 04:16:11 PM
I understand completely. I mean, how dumb is a story about a group of jealous fraternity members that accidentally killed someone? How obvious is that? Can you say, "Jump the shark."?

Actually the series "Jumped The Shark" back at book #5 Rocky Road.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 22, 2009, 07:21:04 PM
Actually the series "Jumped The Shark" back at book #5 Rocky Road.
I agree with you completely. I think that #5 definitely marked a change in the UBs. No more would the books actually contain a decently thought out plot with a villain that a boy couldn't see coming. No longer would the page count be higher than Joe's IQ. No more would the ending actually be... dare I say it... climactic. In other words, #5 was the last decent Hardy Boy book published. Hey, I guess that means it should be a collector's item or something.