The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Olivia, I didn't know you were from Canada too? Cool.

I have nothing against Canada but I am a proud American. I actually do like Obama and I could get onto a huge discussion about it...but I won't. I really like all of you and don't want to turn our fun HB forum into a political debate.

However, I do feel like hijacking this trivia question to ask one myself...while we wait for AlwaysaJoeFan or whomever is next...

What is the diner called on the '95 series show?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Dixon's?

And to be clear, I've got nothing against Obama. I was mocking the position (of President) more than the man. I don't know what people expected from him. He hasn't worked any miracles to fix the US economy yet and that makes people mad I guess.

MacGyver

QuoteAnd to be clear, I've got nothing against Obama. I was mocking the position (of President) more than the man. I don't know what people expected from him. He hasn't worked any miracles to fix the US economy yet and that makes people mad I guess.
That's cool. I like some things Obama has done but I definitely don't like everything he's done so far. (But this is true of most every president really.) And I really get tired of the near-Messianic comparisons people seem to make. The government can do all they can, but he's still just a man. I pray for him and the government as Romans 13 instructs, but ultimately I trust and hold to God over government.
       But as hardygirl847 said- this could lead into a political discussion that would probably be best left in the Off-topic forum, but I've said all I want to say on it right now anyway.

And to the question at hand, I think it's technically F.W. Dixon's, but SDLagent pretty much got it there.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

I had already asked a question and no one has answered it yet. Mattie guessed once, then the rest of page was about Canada.  :)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

SDLagent

Huh, your right. I guess Canada just over shadows all else.

hardygirl847

Thanks Spencer and Mac for clarification. People expect Obama to fix everything. There were even people interviewed (back when he was first elected) that would say things that made him seem like he was power to do anything. Some of it was ridiculous. He is just a man, and I at least commend him for trying to take such a sad case and turn it into something better. But enough of that...back to the question...

My answer was F.W. Dixon's. Mac and Spencer got it right. Sorry AlwaysaJoeFan! I shall have to go back quite a ways to see your question. :/

Here's his question...it was WAY back there. lol

In Genius Thieves, what does Mr. Castigan teach?

He or she who answers this one correctly will ask the next one. Mine was just for fun. Sorry Spencer and Mac. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

okay, I'll take another guess. English?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Olivia

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 15, 2010, 12:10:21 AM
Olivia, I didn't know you were from Canada too? Cool.

I have nothing against Canada but I am a proud American. I actually do like Obama and I could get onto a huge discussion about it...but I won't. I really like all of you and don't want to turn our fun HB forum into a political debate.

Yup :)

I was kind of exaggerating and joking around a bit. Sometimes it happens since we've had discussions and jokes about Canada and the U.S. before.

I agree, I don't think we should get into politics either (or not too far into it, anyway). I should have known that my comment wouldn't have stopped at just SDLagent and me. Hope it wasn't taken too seriously. If anything ever sounds "off", I really don't mean it that way.

Okay! Sorry for the diversion, everyone.

hardygirl847

No worries here. We like to discuss...that is what we do. LOL :)

My guess is that he teaches Science.

MacGyver

Wait- I've got it! Trick question! Mr. Castigan actually doesn't teach anything at all because he's the principal! ;D

AlwaysAJoefan

Mattie

AlwaysAJoefan

Anissa

AlwaysAJoefan

Close, but I'm looking for a specific answer.  :)