Categorizing the Hardy Boys?

Started by JoeHardyRocks, June 18, 2012, 09:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

I didn't really know where to put this.... But I just wanted to see if we could do it. So, I wanted to try to put the Hardy Boys books (any series) into categories based on the crime they had to solve? like for instance the categories would be

Political Scandal
Murder
Kidnapping
Robbery/Theft
Vandalism
Terrorism
Scams
Corruption
Supernatural
etc

Then we'd add all the books that had to do with those crimes. Then if we wanted to read a book, we'd say, "hmm, what do I want to read about?" Then look at the list and think, "Ahh! kidnappings!"

Did this make any sense?  :-[ :-\

Just wondering if we all wanted to work on a project or something like this? I know it'd be hard.... But are we up to it? Lol just a thought. :)  8)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Hmm- well, that could be a little tricky for books where The Hardy Boys deal with more than one thing in the book. But yeah- this sounds like a fun and cool project idea. Good thinking, JHR! I'm down. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

I know, I was thinking that.... We'd need like a sort of Venn diagram chart for this. Lol or we'll just choose the more prominent crime.
"Thank you, Joe."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on June 19, 2012, 11:28:51 AM
I know, I was thinking that.... We'd need like a sort of Venn diagram chart for this. Lol or we'll just choose the more prominent crime.

I'm up for it. Just what I need, more to do. ;)

MacGyver

Well, here's an easy one to get started- The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories can go under Supernatural as all the stories in the book deal with supernatural elements of some sort or another, though not all really have an actual mystery going on....

I guess we could go down the list- The Tower Treasure would be Robbery/Theft for instance....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

off the top of my head, here's some for the Original Series...

The Tower Treasure - Robbery/Theft
The House on the Cliff - Kidnapping
The Secret of the Old Mill - Scams
The Missing Chums - Kidnapping
Hunting for Hidden Gold - ? Maybe there should be a "treasure hunt" category or something...
The Shore Road Mystery - Robbery/Theft

What Happened at Midnight - Kidnapping

JoeHardyRocks

Alright.... well I don't have time to do this this week, but hopefully I'll have a pretty good list started by this weekend at least! :) 8)
"Thank you, Joe."

tomswift2002

"The House On The Cliff", for both versions would b for kidnapping and drug smuggling.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca