Hardy Boys color

Started by SDLagent, August 15, 2008, 08:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What color first comes to mind when you think of The hardy boys books?

Red
1 (6.7%)
Blue
14 (93.3%)
Green
0 (0%)
Yellow
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

SDLagent

I thought it would be interesting to see what color is most commenly associated with The Hardy Boys.

NZone

Um, blue. Kind of a strange question.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

Sam Spade

Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

Quote from: negative_zone on August 15, 2008, 08:13:25 PM
Um, blue. Kind of a strange question.

Blue for me too, but SDLagent may've been thinking of people from other parts of the world identifying the series with another color.  Since, especially during the 1970's and 1980's, in Britain the Collins/Armada line used various colors.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Hard not to see blue.  Casefiles were mostly dark blue.  Everyone knows about the flashlight editions being all blue.  Many of the books before that were blue. 

So what does everyone think about when they think Nancy Drew?  For me it is yellow.  :)

NZone

Quote from: SkyWarp on August 16, 2008, 10:07:51 AM
So what does everyone think about when they think Nancy Drew?  For me it is yellow.  :)

There is actually a poll for that too. http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=927.0
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Kerin

If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Olivia

003Robin457

Flashlights and UBs make me think blue.

SDLagent

That's were S&S want wrong with the new graphic design for the UB - ditching the bright "Hardy blue". At least they still do have blue on the spine but it kind of looks dual.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Quote from: SkyWarp on August 16, 2008, 10:07:51 AM
Hard not to see blue.  Casefiles were mostly dark blue.  Everyone knows about the flashlight editions being all blue.  Many of the books before that were blue. 

Even the two Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thrillers were blue, although some people might think that The Alien Factor was black, but when you hold the book under the light it is definitely a very dark, dark blue.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

Blue, because of the Flashlight Series, Casefiles, and UBS.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe