Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys computer games

Started by FrankJoeATAC, July 14, 2008, 06:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which Herinteractive Cd featuring the Hardy Boys did you like better?

Creature of Kapu Cave
1 (16.7%)
Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
3 (50%)
I like both the same
2 (33.3%)
I didn't like either
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 19, 2008, 06:04:50 PM

FrankJoeATAC

Please Vote and tell me what you all think!

Bigfootman

Creature Of Kupu Cave is the only one I've played.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SkyWarp

Interestingly enough, I just finished Kapu Cave yesterday.  :)

I think I liked the first one better (TRAIN), but the second one (CAVE) was pretty good as well. 

To be honest, I am not a big fan of either, simply because of the style of play these games follow.  But they were a nice change of pace from the usual games I play.

tomswift2002

I went with both.  Train was nice in that you interacted with the Hardy's, who were on an ATAC mission (and Nancy knows about ATAC, so it obviously takes place after Terror on Tour), plus the Hardy's personalities to Nancy are much more inline with the Hardy's of the Casefiles/SuperMystery'88 series (I wish they had had the Hardy's say Network, instead of ATAC, since it would've been in a better universe, and the SuperMystery'88 series had Mystery Train that had an extremely similar plot).  'Kapu' allowed you to play as the Hardy's.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

HAvent played em.  They sound like a game that would be fun to play once and beat, but then would be boring
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

I only own "Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon" and haven't played it yet...

FrankJoeATAC

You should play it, it's really good! ;D

But one strange thing in Blue Moon Canyon and Kapu Cave is that Frank and Joe look different in each one. I think it is because company changed designers or something. But I really like the way they look in Blue Moon Canyon. :)

mystery chick 901

I went with "last train to blue moon canyon".
It seemed longer than Kapu cave :-\

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on July 16, 2008, 09:19:48 AM

But one strange thing in Blue Moon Canyon and Kapu Cave is that Frank and Joe look different in each one. I think it is because company changed designers or something. But I really like the way they look in Blue Moon Canyon. :)

Yeah, i read somewhere that they changed designers, (I think I read it on the Her Interactive site?) I wish they hadn't though.

SkyWarp

Quote from: negative_zone on July 15, 2008, 08:39:06 AM
HAvent played em.  They sound like a game that would be fun to play once and beat, but then would be boring

That's one of the biggest issues with these types of games.  They do not have replay value.  But then when you can get them for just $19.99 or less I guess its not that big of a deal. 

tomswift2002

Quote from: SkyWarp on July 16, 2008, 11:28:21 AM
That's one of the biggest issues with these types of games.  They do not have replay value.  But then when you can get them for just $19.99 or less I guess its not that big of a deal. 

Of course, I think people also wish that they were not just PC titles but were also available on the Wii, 360 and PSX systems.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 17, 2008, 07:05:21 AM
Of course, I think people also wish that they were not just PC titles but were also available on the Wii, 360 and PSX systems.

I am sure several would be, but for this style of game that utilizes the mouse more than anything else, it would be tough to make it enjoyable for consoles. 

tomswift2002

tomswift2002

Plus it was done back in 1990 with Deja Vu appearing on the NES after having been released for the MAC in 1985.

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: mystery chick 901 on July 16, 2008, 10:44:21 AM
I went with "last train to blue moon canyon".
It seemed longer than Kapu cave :-\

Yeah, i read somewhere that they changed designers, (I think I read it on the Her Interactive site?) I wish they hadn't though.

I wish they hadn't either..

tomswift2002

You must remember that in Last Train To Blue Moon Canyon the boys were behind a table during the entire mystery.  So a redesign for the Hardy's where you actually see them moving may've been inevitable.