Books into Movies

Started by hardygirl847, January 29, 2011, 06:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Did we mention Thick as Thieves yet? Or Too Many Traitors or The Number File? Those are some of my faves. :)

I think it's safe to say that the Secret Files or Clues Brothers could work for a kid oriented film, but would lack in danger and adventure. I'd much rather see a OT or Casefile become a movie first.

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Actually yes- I mentioned Too Many Traitors earlier and you mentioned both that book and Thick as Thieves earlier in the thread too. But that's cool- they're both great and worth rementioning. ;D
I enjoy both really well and have read them more than once- I would definitely like either one as a movie. The Number File is a great one too.

QuoteI think it's safe to say that the Secret Files or Clues Brothers could work for a kid oriented film, but would lack in danger and adventure. I'd much rather see a OT or Casefile become a movie first.
That's IT! The first (and we mean very first) Hardy Boys movie title!!! The Hardy Boys: Clue Brothers - The Secret Files -man, that title sounds as awesome and action-packed as Strongbad starring in Dangeresque 3 ;D  (haha- Homestarrunner.com joke there)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Actually The Hardy Boys: Clue Brothers - The Secret Files sound like the name of a film.

It would fit right in with X-Men Origins - This Title is Pointlessly Long: Wolverine and The Adventures of Tintin, Boy Reporter, and Snowy: The Secret Adventure of the Secret Unicorn as well as Clive Staples Lewis's the Chronicles of the World of Narnia: Prince Caspian 2 - The Epic and Dangerous Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

MacGyver

HAHAHA! ;D
Yep- I think the deal with those is that the moviemakers want to make sure to tie the movies into the franchise and ensure that the audience knows this movie is part of the already successful series. You might appreciate how this video addresses it. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74RD2ZDgJw&feature=related
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 16, 2011, 02:15:35 PM
Did we mention Thick as Thieves yet? Or Too Many Traitors or The Number File? Those are some of my faves. :)

I think it's safe to say that the Secret Files or Clues Brothers could work for a kid oriented film, but would lack in danger and adventure. I'd much rather see a OT or Casefile become a movie first.

Yeah. I want to see a Casefiles move first! ;D

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on February 16, 2011, 05:31:13 PM
HAHAHA! ;D
Yep- I think the deal with those is that the moviemakers want to make sure to tie the movies into the franchise and ensure that the audience knows this movie is part of the already successful series. You might appreciate how this video addresses it. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74RD2ZDgJw&feature=related

Yeah, it does make sense from a marketing standpoint but it makes for some goofy names. And I really didn't get why they couldn't have called the Wolverine movie Wolverine. I think it's a famous enough name to do well without the having "X-Men" tagged onto it.

MacGyver

Yeah, I agree. Whenever people talk about it in conversation, most are not going to bother to refer to it by the full name, X-Men Origins: Wolverine in any case, as that's just too long, so they'll probably still call it Wolverine for short anyway.

SDLagent

And to confuse things further there's a second Wolverine film coming out called The Wolverine.

MacGyver

Is that the official name? Okay- hadn't heard that. I do hope this Wolverine movie will be better than the first one though.
I hear they are going to deal with his time in Japan- and that will be really cool. (if done right.)

SDLagent

Yes, that's the official name. Apparently it will be a stand-alone film rather than a direct sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. And I've never read any Wolverine comics, so I don't know anything about "his time in Japan" but I've heard that is indeed where it will be set.

Bigfootman

I think "Revenge Of The Desert Phantom" and "The Skyfire Puzzle" would make good movies.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

hardygirl847

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on February 18, 2011, 06:15:27 PM
I think "Revenge Of The Desert Phantom" and "The Skyfire Puzzle" would make good movies.

Not sure I've read these yet. I guess I have to if they are that good. :)

Quote from: SDLagent on February 16, 2011, 05:12:13 PM
Actually The Hardy Boys: Clue Brothers - The Secret Files sound like the name of a film.

It would fit right in with X-Men Origins - This Title is Pointlessly Long: Wolverine and The Adventures of Tintin, Boy Reporter, and Snowy: The Secret Adventure of the Secret Unicorn as well as Clive Staples Lewis's the Chronicles of the World of Narnia: Prince Caspian 2 - The Epic and Dangerous Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

LOL Ridiculously long names for books and/or movies. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)