Books into Movies

Started by hardygirl847, January 29, 2011, 06:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Wow! I'm loving the discussion on here. :)

Just out of curiosity's sake.....What book would make the WORST movie?

And I'm not talking about how it would need something to set it up or fill in the gaps. If it was produced a movie as it is in the book, which one would be the least ideal movie?

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

QuoteThree levels?
Literally as in it actually happened in the book.
Literally as in a work of literature.
And Literally as a reference to a parody of Sam the Sham & The Pharaoh's Little Red Riding Hood song- Little Read Bible Book by ApologetiX (okay that last one was really out there and I'm probably the only one who would have caught that, so we can scale that back down to two levels. lol)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 01, 2011, 02:14:47 PM
Wow! I'm loving the discussion on here. :)

Just out of curiosity's sake.....What book would make the WORST movie?

And I'm not talking about how it would need something to set it up or fill in the gaps. If it was produced a movie as it is in the book, which one would be the least ideal movie?

Hm. That's a bit harder. Not many of the UB would make a good movie. Murder House would make a pretty bad movie.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 02, 2011, 12:04:29 AM
Hm. That's a bit harder. Not many of the UB would make a good movie. Murder House would make a pretty bad movie.

I agree. Murder House would make a really bad movie! I didn't care for that trilogy at all. ::) I'm a UB fan, so that's saying something! :D

MacGyver

Wow- that's not a good sign for the book then. But I would agree that I probably wouldn't care to see a movie version of any of the books where Frank and Joe are on a "reality show" to solve a mystery (the Murder House trilogy aside, Warehouse Rumble also comes to mind along with some of the graphic novels.) (Mainly because I don't really care for reality shows in general- at least the kind that became popular since about 2000 or so- Survivor, Big Brother, etc.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 02, 2011, 07:57:54 PM
I agree. Murder House would make a really bad movie! I didn't care for that trilogy at all. ::) I'm a UB fan, so that's saying something! :D

Yeah, Murder House was the last straw for me. I pretty much gave-up on the UB after that. I used to read each new book as it came out but have only read one UB book since that trilogy.

Quote from: MacGyver on February 02, 2011, 09:41:48 PM
Wow- that's not a good sign for the book then. But I would agree that I probably wouldn't care to see a movie version of any of the books where Frank and Joe are on a "reality show" to solve a mystery (the Murder House trilogy aside, Warehouse Rumble also comes to mind along with some of the graphic novels.) (Mainly because I don't really care for reality shows in general- at least the kind that became popular since about 2000 or so- Survivor, Big Brother, etc.)

Agreed!

hardygirl847

I thought that the Lost trilogy was actually pretty good. I don't know about Murder House but it doesn't sound like I need to run out and read it anytime soon.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I read part of first "Lost" book and it was a lot better than the other recent UB.

hardygirl847

You have to keep reading it! Did you read the whole first book or just part of the first book? They do some stuff to Frank especially that I was surprised to find in an UB.

The ending was a little lame with the whole bad guy's reasons for doing what he was doing....but I still thought it was a pretty good story. I read the 2nd and 3rd book back to back in one day. It was a page turner.

SDLagent

No, I didn't read the whole thing.

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 11, 2011, 01:24:58 PMThe ending was a little lame with the whole bad guy's reasons for doing what he was doing....but I still thought it was a pretty good story. I read the 2nd and 3rd book back to back in one day. It was a page turner.

Yeah, that happens a lot in UB books. Lame motives.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Did you read the final Lost book?

SDLagent

No, I didn't finish the first one.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I just thought of a couple others that could be made into movies: The Hardy Boys Casefiles, 043 Strategic Moves and A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys SuperMystery, 023 Dead on Arrival. ;D 8)

hardygirl847

Spencer,
There are some seriously good stuff in the Lost trilogy! I actually recommend it and you know how crazy I am about the Casefiles. The bad guy does stuff to Frank I could see an Assassin doing! I couldn't put it down.

Hardy Boys UB fan, 43 was good and I haven't read DOA yet. I might have to add it to my Amazon list!

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 14, 2011, 04:16:34 PM
Spencer,
There are some seriously good stuff in the Lost trilogy! I actually recommend it and you know how crazy I am about the Casefiles. The bad guy does stuff to Frank I could see an Assassin doing! I couldn't put it down.

Hardy Boys UB fan, 43 was good and I haven't read DOA yet. I might have to add it to my Amazon list!

Yeah, they're both really good! ;) ;D