Books into Movies

Started by hardygirl847, January 29, 2011, 06:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

There may be a thread about this somewhere but I wasn't going to search for it...lol

1. What Casefile would you recommend to become a movie?

2. What OT or Digest would you like to see as a movie?

3. What GN, UB, or other canon series would you like to become a movie?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For me...
1. Brother Against Brother (but with a more in depth ending). There are several I could choose from the Casefiles though. Too hard!

2. I haven't read a lot of OTs but out of the ones I have read....maybe While the Clock Ticked

3. GNs-Break Up. Even though it's not out yet, I think the concept is fresh and definitely not done before.  UBish-Wanted....and ND/HB Supermystery-A Crime for Christmas
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I would like . . .

1. Hardy Boys Casefiles No. 43 Strategic Moves.
2. Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery, Dead on Arrival.
3. Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers No. 20 Feeding Frenzy.

MacGyver

Sounds like some good choices there.
I think I would definitely agree with Brother Against Brother and the plot of Wanted also sounds like a pretty cool movie plot.
If it had been made in the '30s when the Nancy Drew movies were getting made, I think the original text of The House on the Cliff could've been really cool. (They could still do it now of course, but it's neat to see movies from then set in the present time because obviously they're gonna nail that pretty good.) The Tower Treasure would be good too- of course, that one already has been adapted through Disney's The Mystery of Applegate Treasure
I would also vote for Too Many Traitors and maybe Trapped at Sea from the Digests. And for the Supermysteries, they would all be pretty good- Buried in Time is a favorite for me, so maybe that one.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Dead on Target would make a really good movie. I feel Brother Against Brother has too much backstory to be a film. Plus, if you're not used to them working together their fighting wound not have as big of an impact. It might work as the third movie in a series, though.

If a original was adapted into a movie, I, like Mac, would like to see The House on the Cliff. It's early-on in the Hardy's career and has all the elements of a classic Hardy Boys adventure.

Out of the Undercover Brothers, Wanted would make the best movie. Or combine elements of The Opposite Numbers and A Hardy Day's Night.

hardygirl847

Those are all good choices! Some of them I haven't read yet and now I REALLY want to read them. Obviously, if you think they are worth making into a movie, there has to be something extra special there.

Now that you mention it Spencer, BAB does have a need for background. In a 2 hour movie, they might be able to explore some of that, but I totally see what you mean. However, The Hardy Men is probably going to assume you know the brothers and how they were before they got older, grew apart, etc.

Too Many Traitors or Thick as Thieves would be cool too. It's hard to pick just one!

I like Wanted because it has the element of Frank and Joe being the possible "bad guys" but we know they're not. I think that'd be interesting. They can leave out Belinda though.

The House on the Cliff is a good one too...I really had a hard time picking a bluespine. I still need to read a lot more to have a better feel of them.

A lot of the ND/HB mysteries I haven't read yet so I guess I have to now. :)

A Hardy Day's Night would be really good or Live Free or Die Hardy. Those covers made me buy the book but then it turned out to be different in the actual story. GNs are much shorter and would need more embellishments in between to make it longer and movie length.

Could be good though.

Any word on the new Nelvana show yet?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Thought of another one . . .

1. The Hardy Boys Casefiles, Operation Phoenix. Trilogy. This would work in maybe a series of movies. Since the whole thing is too long to be shown in one move.  :o ;D 8)

AlwaysAJoefan

Out of the Casefiles, which I am most familiar with, I would choose Beyond the Law to be made into a movie. ;D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

tomswift2002

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on January 30, 2011, 03:47:30 PM
Out of the Casefiles, which I am most familiar with, I would choose Beyond the Law to be made into a movie. ;D

Well, in that case, you might want the two preceding books to be made into films as well.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

QuoteWell, in that case, you might want the two preceding books to be made into films as well.
Are you meaning Web of Horror and Deep Trouble or perhaps the other books of the unofficial trilogy? (i.e. See No Evil and Line of Fire)
I also agree that the Operation: Phoenix trilogy and Dead on Target would be excellent choices. I can't believe I didn't mention those. But then, I could also mention Evil, Inc. and The Lazarus Plot as well.
Some books could be combined into one movie- for instance, if the Ring of Evil trilogy was made, it would be nice to include Dead of Night, since it serves as an epilogue. But maybe that would be better as a sequel movie.
And it would be good to pair The Crowning Terror and Thick as Thieves, since they both feature Charity.
Street Spies would be pretty cool too since MUX makes its appearance in that one.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

I think that's about the latest I've heard about Nelvana's new Hardy Boys show. So if there has been any further news on it, I haven't seen it anywhere online. But these things do take time to develop, so I guess we'll hear some more news when they have something more to report. Not to be negative about it, but sometimes things get announced as planned and then the studio  might discover something like they don't have the rights to do the show after all, or they don't have the resources, they don't think it'll hit the right audience niche, etc., etc., etc.
    Hopefully it will come through, but I'll probably feel more confident about it when we hear some more solid news on it, like more production details or casting and such. I guess just give it some more time.

JoeHardyRocks

OooOooohhhh casting...... Crossing my fingers for Logan Lerman ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

I agree with what some of you already said: Operation: Phoenix trilogy and Dead on Target.

They are obvious choices, but good ones nonetheless because especially for DoT, it introduces Frank and Joe and it's kind of their first major mission (in a way). They start out with a bang.

MacGyver

QuoteThey start out with a bang.
Literally. ;D (ooh, I love that you can actually take that joke on like three different levels.) ;D

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 30, 2011, 12:18:25 AMNow that you mention it Spencer, BAB does have a need for background. In a 2 hour movie, they might be able to explore some of that, but I totally see what you mean. However, The Hardy Men is probably going to assume you know the brothers and how they were before they got older, grew apart, etc.

And that's just one of the many reason The Hardy Men would be a lame movie.

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on January 30, 2011, 02:23:24 PM
Thought of another one . . .

1. The Hardy Boys Casefiles, Operation Phoenix. Trilogy. This would work in maybe a series of movies. Since the whole thing is too long to be shown in one move.  :o ;D 8)

Yeah, I've thought that before, too. And I think it could be made into one movie. The Casefiles aren't really that wrong. It could be around two hours.

Quote from: MacGyver on January 31, 2011, 05:55:35 PM
Literally. ;D (ooh, I love that you can actually take that joke on like three different levels.) ;D

Three levels?