New Graphic Novels

Started by hardygirl847, August 18, 2010, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Did you all check out the link at the home page about the new graphic novel??? I'm really not into zombies but MAN it looks AWESOME!!! I am super excited for October 12th! And there is a teaser cover for the next one...due out next year.

Are you liking the new drawings? Do you think it's going to be a lot different?

I guess in less than 3 months, we can find out.

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Yep- it's looking pretty good. And Gerry Conway, co-creator of both The Punisher and Firestorm (among many other cool DC and Marvel and other comic book credits- like scripting "Superman Vs. The Amazing Spider-Man")is writing and that will hopefully be a good thing. The covers look pretty neat and there are some cool storylines too. I like the second cover in particular mainly because it reminds me of Ryu and Ken getting ready to fight in Street Fighter. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Yeah, although I'm sad to see Scott Lobdell go, I'm really looking forward to the new series. Lobdell was good but, of course, there's always room for improvement and I hope Conway does a even better job.

The bigger size is a good thing. That's one of the things that disappointed me when I saw a The Hardy Boys graphic novel for the first time - how small they are.

Q

I know when I first heard about the GNs, I was thinking Tintin size.

MacGyver

So are they now more like the size of a traditional graphic novel like from Marvel or DC?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

NancyDrew

I'm excited of course! But I'm going to make my final decisions once I read them. I really loved the old artist drawings of them especially the one where they're at the dude ranch <3 but I am excited to see what this holds in store for the Hardys. :)

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on August 19, 2010, 10:32:10 AM
So are they now more like the size of a traditional graphic novel like from Marvel or DC?

Yeah, I think so.

Quote from: NancyDrew on August 19, 2010, 05:45:28 PM
I'm excited of course! But I'm going to make my final decisions once I read them. I really loved the old artist drawings of them especially the one where they're at the dude ranch <3 but I am excited to see what this holds in store for the Hardys. :)

It's the same artist. New writer.

MacGyver

That's cool. And I'm glad they're keeping Paulo Henrique- I like his artwork pretty well.

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on August 19, 2010, 10:39:03 PM
That's cool. And I'm glad they're keeping Paulo Henrique- I like his artwork pretty well.

Me too. His work is good and as the Graphic Novel series progressed you could really see improvement.

hardygirl847

To me some of the artwork looks a bit different than some of the older GNs. I know there were a few or so that had multiple artists working on them. I am glad there will be a consistency with Paulo. I also think that the new format will appeal to a new generation of readers. However, will they actually be in stores or only online??

Where I live I have seen either 0 or 2 GNs in the bookstores. Usually if there are any, its only #1 and 2.

Either way, I am excited that they are willing to upgrade the series instead of give up on them.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Q

I went to a Barnes and Noble on the day before Haley Danelle's Top Eight was supposed to be released, and they not only had a copy of Top Eight but also Dude Ranch O'Death and about seven others. Every Barnes and Noble I've gone to have had at least five HB GNS that I already own. But they've always had moe ND GNs. What does that mean exactly?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Q on August 22, 2010, 07:38:17 AM
I went to a Barnes and Noble on the day before Haley Danelle's Top Eight was supposed to be released, and they not only had a copy of Top Eight but also Dude Ranch O'Death and about seven others. Every Barnes and Noble I've gone to have had at least five HB GNS that I already own. But they've always had moe ND GNs. What does that mean exactly?

That means that you're a lot luckier than most of us, where the only way to get the GN's has been to special order them or order them online.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on August 21, 2010, 11:34:47 PM
To me some of the artwork looks a bit different than some of the older GNs. I know there were a few or so that had multiple artists working on them. I am glad there will be a consistency with Paulo. I also think that the new format will appeal to a new generation of readers. However, will they actually be in stores or only online??

Where I live I have seen either 0 or 2 GNs in the bookstores. Usually if there are any, its only #1 and 2.

Either way, I am excited that they are willing to upgrade the series instead of give up on them.

This "new" format is only new to The Hardy Boys graphic novels. Other comics and graphic novels are usually bigger than the last HB graphic novels.

Here on the west coast of Canada, I've seen lots of HB and Nancy Drew graphic novels in bookstores and even stores like Walmart. Walmart and The Real Canadian Superstore also sell the regular S&S novels, too.

Q

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 23, 2010, 06:03:02 PM
That means that you're a lot luckier than most of us, where the only way to get the GN's has been to special order them or order them online.

Oh Yeah! Eat your hearts out. 8) 8) 8) I mean, I really feel for you, man. :'( :'( :'(

hardygirl847

I doubt I will see many in the stores near me but that's what Amazon.com is for! :)