Memorable Moments

Started by hardygirl847, February 02, 2010, 02:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

We all reflect on our lives and think back to memorable moments...good and bad. What moments do you think Frank and Joe would recall (either good or bad)?

Iola's death is certainly one of them...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Probably a bad moment for Frank and Joe would be joining ATAC.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

For me, the death of Iola is probably the most memorable, followed by the "death" of Fenton. A few others...

Frank and Joe solving their first case
Frank and Joe receiving the Slueth from Fenton
Joe attacking Frank in Brother Against Brother

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 03, 2010, 05:54:24 PM
Probably a bad moment for Frank and Joe would be joining ATAC.

Yeah, that would be a memorable moment, except we never see it happen. That's definitely one of the most memorable off-screen moments.

tomswift2002

How about Frank and Joe witnessing the explosion of the warehouse in which Fenton Hardy died?

Or how about when Joe "steals" a box of cough drops for a fingerprint?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Good examples! I forgot about some of those!

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 03, 2010, 06:02:12 PM
How about Frank and Joe witnessing the explosion of the warehouse in which Fenton Hardy died?

Or how about when Joe "steals" a box of cough drops for a fingerprint?

Are you referring to the tv series when you mention the cough drops?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Certainly from the Casefiles series, Iola's death would be at the top of the list. I might add the events of The Lazarus Plot too- just the emotional jarring of finding out Iola's still alive, but no- wait, she's actually a clone. And then this continual angst thing was still explored further in various books- but particularly in "Dead of Night". I would think Vanessa's apparent death, not to mention those of Laura Hardy and Callie Shaw, would all rank in there too.
    And certainly the scene from the "Operation: Phoenix" trilogy when Frank and Joe witnessed their father's apparent death.
     Beyond that- how about obtaining their van? Setting up their crime lab as in the end of "The Tower Treasure". Definitely the "Brother Against Brother" scenes. There's plenty others. I'll have to come back to this later...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

I agree, The Lazarus Plot, "return of Iola" moments are memorable, indeed.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 04, 2010, 12:08:31 AM
Good examples! I forgot about some of those!

Are you referring to the tv series when you mention the cough drops?

Yeah, I was.

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 05, 2010, 07:13:07 PM
Yeah, I was.

I thought so but I wanted to make sure. :) Thanks!

Yeah there have been some serious moments that would be memorable to both boys. It seems to me that there are not enough positive moments though...Deaths and apparent deaths are rather on the sad side of life.

Obtaining their gadgets and vehicles are of course good things. But what about more "normal" teenager type of things that they might remember and/or be proud of...?

SDLagent

Joe meeting Vanessa. How's that for normal?

tomswift2002

Or how about having their van given to them because they helped a beautiful young princess in distress?

NancyDrew

For normal, in the older books, they won a basketball title.

I think bad at the time for Joe was seeing Vanessa and his mother die. And for Frank, Callie. That would bother me the rest of my life even when proved different.

hardygirl847

Poor boys! They dealt with a lot at a young age.
Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 06, 2010, 09:11:08 AM
Or how about having their van given to them because they helped a beautiful young princess in distress?

When is this??

Thanks for the "normal" examples. There are so many series and a lot I am not familiar with yet. It's quite helpful, thanks. :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 06, 2010, 10:52:32 PM
When is this??

Well, in what other Hardy Boys book do the Hardy Boys receive their van?  Why in The Hardy Boys #84 Revenge Of The Desert Phantom (1985), one of three precursor books to the Hardy Boys Casefiles (of course only 2 were published).

hardygirl847

I haven't read all of those yet so I didn't know when there was a princess or when they got their van. I always assumed they had it or whatever. Granted, they only have been able to drive for 1-2 yrs. I will have to check out the ones you mentioned though...especially since they came out right before the Casefiles (my fave). Thanks!