Dollhouse Miniatures

Started by hardygirl847, December 10, 2010, 12:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

I was searching for something on Amazon.com and found a link to this site. It appears that they have dollhouse miniatures of well known books, etc.

Take a look here...

"Not intended for reading."  ::)  lol!

If you do a search for Hardy Boys, 6 titles come up. The Tower Treasure, The House on the Cliff, The Mystery of Cabin Island, Footprints Under the Window, While the Clock Ticked, and The Shore Road Mystery are the titles listed.

Click this for the 6 books. http://miniaturebookshelf.com/search_items.asp

The covers are older cover art too. $5.99 for a small, fake book. I know if I still had Barbies, they might be interested in reading them.  ;D

For giggles, I searched for Nancy Drew books. 43 PAGES...of about  9 or so a page. Ugh...again, Hardy Boys get shafted. However, I do realize that dollhouses are usually for girls (lol) and ND is more "girly" so to speak. In that sense, I suppose it makes sense.

But still....ugh.  Go here if you're curious.... http://miniaturebookshelf.com/search_items.asp

Some of them are just a little bigger than a penny!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Olivia

Ha ha. That's funny (in a good way).

BTW, did Barbie and Ken break up? I heard something like this a long time ago, but I think they got back together (not even kidding).

MacGyver

Yeah, I heard this too. I was pretty devestated. I mean, seriously- Ken and Barbie? They've been one of the most stable couples around- going out for at least 50 years or so now, I think. I guess they had to get them back together for their appearance in Toy Story 3- it was good to see them back together where they belong. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

This is funny. Ken and Barbie break up...and she gets the dream house. LOL

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111234,00.html

Olivia

QuoteBarbie was holed up in her Dream House with friends and family, according to Sunshine, who also represents human Hollywood stars Ben Affleck, Justin Timberlake and Leonardo DiCaprio. It wasn't clear where Ken was staying.

QuoteAnd other whisperings that Barbie and Ken are secretly sister and brother weren't even touched on.

Wow. lol.

And they're saying it was probably a "publicity stunt". Of course.

hardygirl847

LOL Normally with silly things like this you assume it was a slow news day. However, since it was Ken and Barbie, it was actually a HUGE story, if I remember correctly. EVERYONE was talking about it.

Jokerette

ok...that is so ridiculous it's pathetic! i don't even like ken. actually, come to think of it, i don't even really like barbie either! but COME ON people! who cares if those two break up!? it's soooo stupid! and if what i've heard is correct, wouldn't that supposedly make real girls dump their guys? whatev. the ridiculousness of that all was...epic. no other word for it.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

It's just that it's an iconic relationship, even if it is among plastic dolls. It'd be the same as hearing about Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse breaking up- it's just unfathomable.

Jokerette

um yeah...unfathomably stupid! i mean, they're dolls for goodness sake!
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

hardygirl847

lol well I see what Mac is saying...and I also know, DarkMist, how silly people can get about it. However, they ARE iconic...and really...this thread starting out by talking about dollhouse sized HB books. Dolls like to read too, ya know.  ;)

Jokerette

hardygirl847

lol Barbie might be blond but that doesn't make her stupid or illiterate. :D hehe

Jokerette

yeah...considering her head is full of air...literally!  :P