Hardy Boys game on Sporcle.com

Started by MacGyver, April 13, 2011, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Not sure if this better fits here on in the "Forum Games" section- but I just ran across this neat Hardy Boys game on sporcle.com - The challenge here is to list all 58 of the original Hardy Boys titles from Grossett & Dunlap in under 10 minutes. I got it in 5 minutes 23 seconds myself. (Of course, this was after doing it once or twice but not finishing and having to restart- it also helps that it fills in some of the titles for you- mainly the ones that have a title like - "The _____  _____  Mystery") Give it a try- have fun! :) 8)
http://www.sporcle.com/games/hardyboys.php
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Cool! ;D I only got fifteen right. :-[ Did you see the Alex Rider books there as well? I got all but one right on that one. ;D 8)

MacGyver

No- I wouldn't do nearly as well on the Alex Rider books- I only remember a few titles here and there- mainly from seeing a lot of folks on this forum talk about them on the thread for those books... :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Well, there's only, like, eight Alex Rider books.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on April 13, 2011, 04:35:27 PM
Not sure if this better fits here on in the "Forum Games" section- but I just ran across this neat Hardy Boys game on sporcle.com - The challenge here is to list all 58 of the original Hardy Boys titles from Grossett & Dunlap in under 10 minutes. I got it in 5 minutes 23 seconds myself. (Of course, this was after doing it once or twice but not finishing and having to restart- it also helps that it fills in some of the titles for you- mainly the ones that have a title like - "The _____  _____  Mystery") Give it a try- have fun! :) 8)
http://www.sporcle.com/games/hardyboys.php

I'll have to try that  - sounds like fun! 8) Thanks, MacGyver! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

QuoteWell, there's only, like, eight Alex Rider books.
Okay- wasn't sure on that.

tomswift2002

Got all 58 on my first try with 4:21 remaining.

Here's one on the titles in the Tom Swift Jr. (1954-1971) series: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Detektor/tomswiftjr
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 15, 2011, 07:47:13 PM
Got all 58 on my first try with 4:21 remaining.

Here's one on the titles in the Tom Swift Jr. (1954-1971) series: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Detektor/tomswiftjr

Cool. Thanks. ;D

MacGyver

Yeah- I definitely wouldn't be doing that well with the Tom Swift books- haven't really read that series- maybe I'll get around to it someday though...

Hardy Sleuth

I've only played the Hardy Boys one so far and I enjoyed that one a lot, a cool, fun game! :D I want to try it on a faster computer because I was typing faster than it could take the words so I had to wait until it caught up and that was throwing me off. Thanks again for the link, MacGyver! ;D I have several other friends who will enjoy playing it. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

No problem- there are a lot of fun games like that on sporcle.com :)

hardygirl847

Okay that was harder for me....wow...I guess my memory is just not that great when it comes to remembering things like that...Especially with a time limit!  :(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I was finding that I only had to type a part of the title, since a number of times where the word "Mystery" was the last word in the title (ie. The Viking Symbol Mystery), I'd type in "Viking Symbol", and the computer would accept it before I had typed in Mystery.

But I also noticed that there was a time lag on the game---but I think that was from the internet and not my computer.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Here's one for The Three Investigators :) 8)
(at least, the 43 canon books in the USA series- I definitely couldn't do all the German books that have been written since- lol
I got this done in with 5:06 minutes left, but this was on the first try and after discovering midway through that you can type just key words in the title and the computer will accept it. I think that's the norm for most of these games- that way it's more of just a knowledge test than a knowledge test and a typing test. ;))
http://www.sporcle.com/games/blue/threeinvestigators

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."