Character height chart

Started by SDLagent, March 19, 2010, 07:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

I was just wondering how people thought of The Hardy Boys characters' heights. Specifically, how tall (or short) are they compared to each other. Just list the characters by height...and make your list BEFORE you read mine - I want to know how you think of the characters, not how you think of them after you've read how I think of them. I've included each character's height in feet, but you don't need to do this.

Anyway, here's my list:

Biff Hooper (6'3'')
Con Riley
Frank Hardy (6'1'')
Joe Hardy (6')
Fenton Hardy (5'11'')
Chet Morton
Ezra Collig
Vanessa Bender (5'10'')
Tony Prito
Gertrude Hardy (5'8'')
Iola Morton (5'7'')
Phil Cohen
Callie Shaw (5'5'')
Laura Hardy (5'2'')

MacGyver

Interesting question- well, we know how tall Frank and Joe are in feet to start with. I'm pretty sure various books have placed Frank at 6'1'' and Joe at 6'.
I generally imagine Biff Hooper to be slightly taller than both of them, maybe 6''2' or 6''3'.
I imagine Fenton might around the height of his sons- I guess 6 feet or so. And Laura would be maybe 5'6'' or so. I think Aunt Gertrude is a slight bit taller at about 5'8''.
I generally picture Chet at maybe 5'9'' and Iola and Callie probably both around 5'7''.
I usually think of Tony as kind of tall and lanky, thus somewhere about 6 feet maybe and Phil a little shorter at 5'8''.
Chief Collig is probably 5'9'' and Con Riley I would guess to be about 6'2''.
I think I tend to picture Jack Wayne and Sam Radley around the same height as Fenton, so 6 feet for them. And Jerry Gilroy, since he's a baseball outfielder, probably has some long legs to give him good running speed and so he's probably somewhere a little taller than Tony at 6'2''.
Okay, I may be off from some of the descriptions given in the books, but that's my perceptions anyway.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

OK so I admit that I looked at yours before I went to type mine. Sorry, force of habit! :)

Frank and Joe are actually listed in EVERY book as 6'1" and 6' respectively. :) So there's really no getting away from that.

I imagine Fenton being 6'2"ish because I don't see him being shorter than his boys for some reason.

Laura and Gertrude are probably 5'5" or 5'6"ish....I don't see why Auntie would be taller except that she seems that way with her sometimes brash character. This would be because sometimes height (especially being taller) is associated with authority in some cases?

I think Callie is more like my height...which is 5'7"/5'8". Iola is probably around the same or maybe an inch shorter. Vanessa is probably 5'10ish because I think she's described as being close to Joe's height.

Con and the Chief are about six feet or so in my head. I haven't really thought much about it to be honest.

Chet seems to be 5'10ish to me or around 5'9".

I see Biff being 6'3".

Tony and Phil, to me, are shorter than the Hardys probably by an inch or two.

I'm going to leave out a few people because I'm not as familiar with them as the rest.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 21, 2010, 05:12:28 PM
Laura and Gertrude are probably 5'5" or 5'6"ish....I don't see why Auntie would be taller except that she seems that way with her sometimes brash character. This would be because sometimes height (especially being taller) is associated with authority in some cases?

Gertrude has often been described as a tall woman, Laura, on the other hand, is often said to petite or small.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on March 22, 2010, 05:16:55 PM
Gertrude has often been described as a tall woman, Laura, on the other hand, is often said to petite or small.

It makes sense since she's a Hardy and all. Plus with her authoritative nature it seems more realistic.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)