Danger in the Fourth Dimension

Started by hardygirl847, January 07, 2010, 12:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Have you read Danger in the Fourth Dimension? If so, what did you think of it?

Personally, I liked it. It has some good action, good plot twist here and there, and some good close calls.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I've only read Danger In The Fourth Dimension once and that was back in, I believe, 1996-97, so I don't recall all that much about the book aside from the fact that it takes place at a Sci-Fi theme park.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Yeah it's set at the Fourth Dimension theme park and their father gets kidnapped. It wasn't the same as reading a Casefiles but I enjoyed it anyways. At least things happened in this one.... :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Things happen in all The Hardy Boys books- otherwise they'd be pretty boring and wouldn't have much readership. ;)
(Though I suppose a Seinfeld-inspired case could be funny- the mystery about nothing. It would involve Frank and Joe arguing over what crime had really occured and then finding out at the end of the case that there really wasn't a crime at all and that guy really was just trying to get into his own house. I don't know if they'd have to meet with the President over it though. ;D)

But back to the topic- I have "Danger in the Fourth Dimension" and I've read it a long time ago. But as with all The Hardy Boys books, I enjoyed it. I'd have to reread it to really give a good review or anything though.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on January 22, 2010, 07:50:20 AM
Things happen in all The Hardy Boys books
Three words: Survival Of The Fittest. The book had nothing happen in it.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on January 22, 2010, 07:50:20 AM
It would involve Frank and Joe arguing over what crime had really occured and then finding out at the end of the case that there really wasn't a crime at all and that guy really was just trying to get into his own house.

I think you just described the Undercover Brothers in great detail.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

QuoteI think you just described the Undercover Brothers in great detail.
LOL! :D

As far as "Survival of the Fittest" goes, there was an avalanche and gunplay and fighting in  the last chapter. It was action-packed enough for me, but to each his own.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

4567TME

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on January 22, 2010, 08:34:48 AM
Actually, Survival of the Fittest is a four-word phrase.  ;D

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on January 22, 2010, 08:34:48 AM

Cave Trap also had nothing happen in it.

hardygirl847

MacGyver

I guess we all have different standards of action levels for The Hardy Boys. Obviously, sometimes the writers hit the mark right on target and sometimes they just kinda fall flat. Though it can be daunting sometimes, I just try to look for the good in these matters, and I can generally find something to enjoy. (There's also the factor of me just plain being indecisive and never being good at picking favorites of anything because I like them all! ;D - Thus, I enjoy all The Hardy Boys books to some degree, not to mention lots of movies commonly derided as cheesy, corny, etc. I just think they're fun. 8))

hardygirl847

Yes we do have different standards of action. There are plenty of books I wish had MORE action/danger too. Luckily there is the world of fan fiction that can usually satisfy my need for more near death experiences or whatever...I love the boys but some books, like you said, fall flat.

I, too, usually enjoy every book just because of Joe and Frank. No matter how well the writer writes the dangerous stuff or how much they leave out...the Hardys are always the main core to every story. Therefore, I always enjoy it to some extent. :)

MacGyver

hardygirl847

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on January 24, 2010, 09:55:36 PM
LOL! :D

As far as "Survival of the Fittest" goes, there was an avalanche and gunplay and fighting in  the last chapter. It was action-packed enough for me, but to each his own.
There was a gunfight, but it was settled in four sentances! And the avalanche part did not make up for the fact the broken rope that started the case had nothing to do with the case at all, and the bad guy was obivous from the begaining!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?