The Great Digest Search!

Started by Bigfootman, October 29, 2008, 06:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Altough the Casefiles ended, it's possible that some got made into digests. The Criss Cross Crime is a certain one, and there's still a debate on wether Training For Trouble is. It is possible some others were made into digests. So what I perpose it that some Casefile fans start reading the digests and see if any other Casefiles escaped the series ending by being made into digests. I have already started and here are may results so far:

Unlikley to be Casefiles published as digest:
-No Way Out (digest about the missing maze creator, not the casefile)
-End Of Trail (unless I start seeing some action very soon, this is probily just a digest. Too bad, from the back cover it looked like a likey canidate)
-The London Desception (Unlikly, unless they were going to make and digest like casefile, like Mission: Myhem)

Could be...but not sure, or Now Reading:
-I want to read In Plane Sight again, cause I remeber quite a few fist fights, however, I'm not sure...
-I'm also trying to finnish Danger In The Exterime, so far it looks like a normal digest, but I may have to re-read cause I was very tried when I read some of the book.
-Daredevils I'm also reading. I'm only at the second chapter though.

Needs to be read:
-Wreck N' Roll (a review I read critzied it for "pointless violance". If the reviewer had neaver read a casefile, witch have a ton of violance, then he could have thought the high amounnt of violance was pointless.) Sadly my libary does not have this book, so I'm hoping another member can find it.

If anyone can help me, I'd appreate it. Just rember, when the book was changed to a digest, it could have been edited to eather:
-Remove Casefile excuive characters
-Edit out some violance
-Change the writing style a bit
-or, if there was only a plot summery, the book could have been complety chnaged into a digest format.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

I've got Wreck 'N' Roll in my own personal library.  I read it when it first came out and I remember that it was a poorly written book.  The plot didn't even make any sense.  As it turned out it was the rock band's manager that was causing all the trouble to try and amp up publicity so that the band would resign with her when their contract ended.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

Also, you might want to think about limiting the search to Digests mostly published from January 1998 onwards, since if you started to read Digests from the 1979-1984 era when the Stratemeyer Syndicate was still running the series you would find tons of fist fights and violence more at the level that was in the classic series than what was in the Casefiles series, even though Revenge of the Desert Phantom & The Skyfire Puzzle are both Casefiles pilots.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 29, 2008, 06:23:22 PM
Also, you might want to think about limiting the search to Digests mostly published from January 1998 onwards, since if you started to read Digests from the 1979-1984 era when the Stratemeyer Syndicate was still running the series you would find tons of fist fights and violence more at the level that was in the classic series than what was in the Casefiles series, even though Revenge of the Desert Phantom & The Skyfire Puzzle are both Casefiles pilots.
I am, I'm reading digests that came after the casefiles.

Most Recent Post:

Bigfootman

Oh yeah, plese look at the reading leavel. The main suspects are books with reading leavels of Grade 7 (maybe grade 6), witch should narrow down our search.

Most Recent Post:

Bigfootman

I've changed my mind about end of the trail. I read the rest of the book and altough it was slow at the start the action picked up very quickly, and soon the Hardys got into a ton of fights. The same can be said with Revenge Of The Desert Phantom, and we know that book is in casefile format.  So End Of The Trail is a possiblity. Unforently, I didn't look at the reading level, so until someone does, it's on the Could be...but not sure list.

Danger In the extrime I have finnished, and I'm perty sure it's a digest. Unless, it was suppoed to be a digest like casefile.

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on November 08, 2008, 03:18:50 PM
I've changed my mind about end of the trail. I read the rest of the book and altough it was slow at the start the action picked up very quickly, and soon the Hardys got into a ton of fights. The same can be said with Revenge Of The Desert Phantom, and we know that book is in casefile format.  So End Of The Trail is a possiblity. Unforently, I didn't look at the reading level, so until someone does, it's on the Could be...but not sure list.

Danger In the extrime I have finnished, and I'm perty sure it's a digest. Unless, it was suppoed to be a digest like casefile.

#162 The End Of The Trail:  Reading Level: 5.2 (roughly the reading level of a 5th Grader around October)

#152 Danger In The Extreme: Reading Level: 7.2 (Minstrel Edition); Ages 8-12 (Aladdin Edition).

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 09, 2008, 03:00:41 PM
#162 The End Of The Trail:  Reading Level: 5.2 (roughly the reading level of a 5th Grader around October)
Hmmmm, that's strange, to me it seemed like a level 7, hmmmmmm. Then again, I'm pertty sure some of the digest like casefiles, Mission: Myhem for example would get the same rating. How do they decide reading leavels?

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on November 09, 2008, 05:44:22 PM
Hmmmm, that's strange, to me it seemed like a level 7, hmmmmmm. Then again, I'm pertty sure some of the digest like casefiles, Mission: Myhem for example would get the same rating. How do they decide reading leavels?

Well, that's the level that is on the back of the book.

hardy boys fan

i only read passport to danger wreck n roll, no way out ,motorcycle
madness and some others which i cant remember
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

NZone

Yeah, but how do they decide the reading levels?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

003Robin457

They have a realy big wheel that they spin.

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

003Robin457

Yes! Clues brothers #5 got a collage reading level!