Cover Art

Started by FrankJoeATAC, July 14, 2008, 01:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new cover art for the Undercover Brothers?

Yes, the actors are great!
0 (0%)
They're okay
3 (27.3%)
No way! I like the old covers
7 (63.6%)
I don't really care what they look like
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: July 24, 2008, 01:29:23 PM

SDLagent

Drawings/paintings would be better, but we are talking about the sketch on the original UB covers, which only showed the boys from the chest up.

JoeHardyRocks

Yes, but I said IF there was, and I know which ones we are talking about!
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Okay, YES, I think drawings/paintings would be better then these models!

JoeHardyRocks

ANYTHING would be better than the actors! :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

The cover that doesn't make the most sense is this one (click on the pic for a bigger size):

http://bookmanager.ca/?opt=kw&q=h.ts&qs=Double+Trouble%3A+Book+One+in+the+Double+Danger+Trilogy+

You know why it doesn't make sense? Because Joe is down there crouching and ready for action, but Frank is just standing there and posing, looking straight at us!

::)

tomswift2002

Doesn't CSI have a couple of characters that do that at the end of the opening credits?  One is in an action pose while the others just POSE for the camera?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Hmm, I don't know. I've only seen bits and pieces of CSI.

You know, I was thinking (and I'm half-serious) that we should have a poll for the worst HBs cover, starting with Deprivation House ;)

But I guess we should wait for a few more covers, anyway. If there's going to be any more, that is...

SDLagent

I think the best covers used for the Undercover Brothers, are the UK ones - they look like they could be adult crime novels.

http://www.hardyboys-uk.com/undercover.html

Olivia

Yeah, they do look like adult crime novels! I like the Toxic Revenge one. But they still used the pathetic Boardwalk Bust ::)

Olivia

Forgot to mention - and they wrote the back covers pretty well too!

SDLagent

Yeah, better then the mission briefing style used on the US books. When the cover art changed I was hoping the back cover summaries would change with it, but as we know now they did not!

It probably takes less time and thought to write up the mission briefings, then an actual plot summary.

tomswift2002

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 23, 2008, 03:57:45 PM
I think the best covers used for the Undercover Brothers, are the UK ones - they look like they could be adult crime novels.

http://www.hardyboys-uk.com/undercover.html

But they only did that on the reissued Casefiles (Choke Hold/Toxic Revenge/Cave Trap/Darkness Falls) while the original UB's used the same photo's as the American books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

I didn't mean photos, I meant the design, while the US books look cartooning, these don't. Also not that the photos are slightly changed and/or at different sizes.

Olivia

Yeah, I just realized that the cover photo I liked was a reprint of the Casefiles. Well, that tells you something.

tomswift2002

I sort of wonder how the reprint Casefiles fit into the first person Undercover Brothers series, considering the books were written in the third person.  Or did they just re-write the Casefiles so that they were in the first person?