0 (0%)
Yes, Season 1 and 2
2 (33.3%)
No, none
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 25, 2007, 07:28:23 PM

Centrion

With the Hardy Boys Season 1 and 2 DVDs going on sale, I thought it would be a good time to see if anyone owned any of the DVDs. Voting closes on December 25.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

I picked up the first season back in 2005, and I got the second season back in July.  I also have the 95 series on DVD.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

White Eagle

A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Centrion

I don't think I've ever seen the '95 DVDs, but I do own the Season 1 DVDs and hoping to get the second season.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Quote from: Light123 on November 26, 2007, 07:38:01 PM
I don't think I've ever seen the '95 DVDs, but I do own the Season 1 DVDs and hoping to get the second season.

The 95 series is only available on DVD in Canada.  You can get it from Amazon.ca or chapters.ca or cdplus.com or any canadian retailer.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Lola

I pre-ordered BOTH seasons when it was announced they were coming out on DVD!! Now anxiously awaiting for Season 3!!!! I also have the Canadian tv series, I had heard about them but never saw them.

Centrion

To Tom:
Thanks, if I can't get it online next time I'm in Canada I might pick it up! :)
To Lola:
Wow, I haven't even heard about Season 3! Can't wait for it to come out!
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

Quote from: Light123 on November 26, 2007, 07:47:23 PM
To Tom:
Thanks, if I can't get it online next time I'm in Canada I might pick it up! :)
To Lola:
Wow, I haven't even heard about Season 3! Can't wait for it to come out!

Here's a link to the set on Chapters.ca http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/dvd/Hardy-Boys-Nancy-Drew-S1/625828050121-item.html?ref=Search+DVD%3a+%2527Hardy+Boys%2527, and it contains both.  Chapters also lists both series by themselves, but it's better to get the two for less.

Centrion

Thanks, Tom. My Season 1 CD got all scratched up on one side since it is double-sided, so I might need to buy it again.
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

The chapters link will only work for the series from 1995 wil Colin Gray and Paul Popowich.  The Universal series from the 70's is what is on sale through Amazon.com.  Also, as for Season 3, you might want to be looking towards 2009 as the possible release date for that season, considering that Season 1 was released on March 22, 2005, and Season 2 was on June 20, 2007, so clearly there was more than two years between the two discs.  But, also, the final season might be held up by Universal having a hard time acquiring the rights to release the series on DVD for home use from the actors or the families of the actors (in cases where the actor has passed away), since back in the 70's, the actors would've signed a release saying that Universal could distribute the programs with the footage of them for broadcast on TV stations, but because home video was in its infancy, no one thought about putting into the contract releases for home video distrubution (nowadays, studio's write this into the contracts when the actors are signed, but with the older programming, studio's usually have to do this before they release the series on DVD, unless the series is in the public domain).  Plus, the episode writers would need a new contract saying how much Universal was going to pay them for the episode(s) they had written.  So, expect a wait for Season 3. 

Centrion

But, Season 2, from what I've seen, was quite good and should hold me over until then. If it dosen't, there's always the '95 series.
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

Well, I'm figuring that with Season 3, the picture quality will probably be better than Season 1, considering that only the Atlantis episode was released on VHS in the 80's, and when you look at Season 2 on DVD, aside from the three episodes that were released on VHS (African Sufari, Acapulco Spies, and King Tut's Tomb), the picture quality was way better than the picture quality on the first season DVD's, since, aside from The Disappearing Floor, all the episodes had been released on VHS (except for the Hardy Boys pilot, which had been released on Discovision/Laserdisc back in 1980), and all contained visual artifacts such as scratches on the film, dust, and even in the episode Mystery of The Jade Kwan Yin, in scene where the Hardy's talk with the Chinese Dojo owner over cooks, just before it cuts to the next scene, if you pause it or watch it in slow, (and this appears on the VHS as well) you can see that the editor must've accidentally touched the film with his thumb when he was editing the episode, since a thumb print appears for about half a second as a blue smudge on the film in normal, but as a clear print during slow playback.

Sam Spade

I don't have ANY of them, as of now anyway.
I did see season 1 in a pawn shop one time for $12, or $16 or something like that.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Centrion

Wow, no one had just Season 2. It's 2 votes for Season 1, Both, or none.
-Frank
-Joe

Sam Spade

Looks like it's a three-way tie right now.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall