Top Ten Casefiles

Started by NZone, July 17, 2008, 03:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Anyone else care to post?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

I going to update my list tomorrow.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

I haven't read that many Casefiles so far, yet I'm passionately debating the Network in the other thread. Hmmm.

Well, I might as well rank what I have read.

01. Dead on Target (#01)
02. The Borgia Dagger (#13) <-- guess I liked that one more than I thought
03. Witness to Murder (#20)
04. Edge of Destruction (#05)
05. Evil, Inc. (#02) <-- sort of like the fact that they were on their own
06. Deadly Engagement (#90)
07. Brother Against Brother (#11)
08. Hostages of Hate (#10)
09. Lazarus Plot (#04)
10. Street Spies (#21)
11. Cult of Crime (#03) <-- good action, like how they used Bayport (sort of), but just didn't like the main plot
12. Law of the Jungle (#105)

So, who approves? :D

But seriously, that took me forever - I mean, I know which ones I really liked, and which ones I disliked, but the ones inbetween were difficult. I changed them around so many times (especially 3, 4 and 5, and I didn't know where to put 9)!

P.S. What is The Number File? I have been compiling/listing on my computer every book that I own of ND & HBs, and for some reason that book is on my list even though I have no idea what it is (and I can't even find it in my "clean" room)!

tomswift2002

The Number File is Casefiles #17 from July 1988.  The Hardy's go to the Caribbean to track down a major crime lord.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Olivia

I still don't understand how that got in there though :-\

Centrion

Here's my 10-

The Crowning Terror
Countdown to Terror
Trouble in the Pipeline
Thick as Thieves
The Lazarus Plot
Dead of Night
Campaign of Crime
Final Gamibt
Strategic Moves
Double Exposure
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

So, what would be your #1, Crowning Terror or Double Exposure?

Bigfootman

Worst
3. Shock Jock- May be sucky, but had a decent gang
2. Deadman In Deadwood- Almost no action, but still had a murder
1. Mission: Myhem- Altough labeled as a casefile, you couldn't tell just by reading the book. There's not even a Murder!

Top 28 Best
28. Double Expoure-Good but kinda went downhill after a couple of chapters
27. Blood Relations-Not sure why, just wasn't the best, still good.
26. Flesh And Blood-Altough Chet IS fingered as a supect, it's only for one chapter. Liked the ending however.
25. Final Cut- Fun to read, but I already knew who the bad guy was.
24. Nightmare In Angel City- Good fight scences, but seems a little rushed.
23. The Last Laugh-A bit too much like a digest, but good action.
22. Cult Of Crime- Decent book, but for an earlier casefile, not very good
21. Stratectic Moves- Book 1 in what I call the Brittish deo (sp). Good network book, but the action didn't get going until later on.
20. Castle Fear-Book 2 in what I call the Brittish deo (sp). A bit better then Stratectic Moves.
19. Collison Course- Good car themed Casefile.
18. Diplomatic Deciet- The second casefile I had ever read. Good chase sences.
17. Too Many Traitors- Good action but very confusing  ???
16. Bad Rap- Lots of action.
15. Line Of Fire-A fast paced book, witch kept me turning pages.
14. Brother Agenst Brother- Good, but ending sucked.
13. Bad Chemistry- One of the best of the later books, important to me, because it was my first ever casefile that I got for my collection.
12. Training For Trouble- Although it's a digest, it has a ton of violance, making me wonder if Criss-Cross crime is the only one of it's kind.
11. Dead In The Water- Last OFFICAL book in the casefile series, but not the best way to end something so awsome.
10. Deathgame-Amazing book
9. Criss Cross Crime (Hey, it was going to be a casefile!)- Good, but a bit repetive, and the bank robbers reming me of Wrong Side Of The Law. (Altough I have neaver read Wrong Side Of The Law)
8. Countdown To Terror- Love where it takes place but gave away details of Trouble In The Pipeline
7. Evil. Inc- Good book, also one of the darkest ones.
6. Dead On Target- First OFFICAL Casefile, good, but seemed random.
5. Danger Zone- If you see this book in a store, buy it immmedly, it's hard to find, but one of the best.
4. Revenge Of The Desert Phantom- The REAL first casefile, lots of action, but the action dosen't come until the 3rd chapter
3. Absoulute Zero- Love the globe traviling, and appercences by PENGUINS! ;D Also some of the best bad guys in a casefile.
2. Hostiges Of Hate- Love this book!
1. The Borderline Case- First book I ever read. Also the book with the most action, best bad guys, and best netwok story!

Most Recent Post:

Bigfootman

Sorry for double post. But I forgot about Wittness To Murder

Worst
3. Shock Jock- May be sucky, but had a decent gang
2. Deadman In Deadwood- Almost no action, but still had a murder
1. Mission: Myhem- Altough labeled as a casefile, you couldn't tell just by reading the book. There's not even a Murder!

Top 29 Best
29. Double Expoure-Good but kinda went downhill after a couple of chapters
28. Blood Relations-Not sure why, just wasn't the best, still good.
27. Flesh And Blood-Altough Chet IS fingered as a supect, it's only for one chapter. Liked the ending however.
26. Final Cut- Fun to read, but I already knew who the bad guy was.
25. Wittness to Murder- Not the best not the worst.
24. Nightmare In Angel City- Good fight scences, but seems a little rushed.
23. The Last Laugh-A bit too much like a digest, but good action.
22. Cult Of Crime- Decent book, but for an earlier casefile, not very good
21. Stratectic Moves- Book 1 in what I call the Brittish deo (sp). Good network book, but the action didn't get going until later on.
20. Castle Fear-Book 2 in what I call the Brittish deo (sp). A bit better then Stratectic Moves.
19. Collison Course- Good car themed Casefile.
18. Diplomatic Deciet- The second casefile I had ever read. Good chase sences.
17. Too Many Traitors- Good action but very confusing 
16. Bad Rap- Lots of action. Important to me, because it was my first ever casefile that I got for my collection.
15. Line Of Fire-A fast paced book, witch kept me turning pages.
14. Brother Agenst Brother- Good, but ending sucked.
13. Bad Chemistry- One of the best of the later books.
12. Training For Trouble- Although it's a digest, it has a ton of violance, making me wonder if Criss-Cross crime is the only one of it's kind.
11. Dead In The Water- Last OFFICAL book in the casefile series, but not the best way to end something so awsome.
10. Deathgame-Amazing book
9. Criss Cross Crime (Hey, it was going to be a casefile!)- Good, but a bit repetive, and the bank robbers reming me of Wrong Side Of The Law. (Altough I have neaver read Wrong Side Of The Law)
8. Countdown To Terror- Love where it takes place but gave away details of Trouble In The Pipeline
7. Evil. Inc- Good book, also one of the darkest ones.
6. Dead On Target- First OFFICAL Casefile, good, but seemed random.
5. Danger Zone- If you see this book in a store, buy it immmedly, it's hard to find, but one of the best.
4. Revenge Of The Desert Phantom- The REAL first casefile, lots of action, but the action dosen't come until the 3rd chapter
3. Absoulute Zero- Love the globe traviling, and appercences by PENGUINS!  Also some of the best bad guys in a casefile.
2. Hostiges Of Hate- Love this book!
1. The Borderline Case- First book I ever read. Also the book with the most action, best bad guys, and best netwok story!

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

So, Bigfootman, have you read the Operation: Phoenix trilogy yet?

Bigfootman

I'm going to, but I will only be able to read the first two

Most Recent Post:

Olivia

I like how you added comments, Bigfootman. I wouldn't mind hearing other people's comments too - just little tidbits on what you think were good or bad elements of a book, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Anyways, I'm really curious about the the Operation: Phoenix trilogy that everyone keeps talking about. I should just go take the plunge and purchase it already. I haven't earlier because I normally buy in bundles and already have a large amount of Casefiles to get through.

tomswift2002

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 20, 2008, 11:50:21 AM
Anyways, I'm really curious about the the Operation: Phoenix trilogy that everyone keeps talking about. I should just go take the plunge and purchase it already. I haven't earlier because I normally buy in bundles and already have a large amount of Casefiles to get through.

When you get the trilogy, also try to get the Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultar Thriller: Time Bomb that's an epilogue to the trilogy.

Bigfootman

tomswift2002, can you tell me about "Hot Wheels" (not the toy cars)? I'm thinking about putting it on my wishlist.

Most Recent Post:

Olivia

Time Bomb! Right. Will do.

Yeah, I automatically think of the toy cars when someone says "Hot Wheels" :D