Casefiles crossovers with the Digests

Started by MacGyver, January 26, 2011, 10:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Here's something else that is interesting. Brenda Carlton, who normally only appeared in the Nancy Drew Files, the SuperMysteries, and the Nancy Drew Notebooks, appeared in "The Case Of The Captured Queen", which was a Nancy Drew Digest.   

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Cool- well, there's a Nancy Drew equivalent of what I was talking about that was happening with The Hardy Boys Casefiles and Digests series.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on February 27, 2011, 04:19:59 PM
Cool- well, there's a Nancy Drew equivalent of what I was talking about that was happening with The Hardy Boys Casefiles and Digests series.
Speaking of Nancy Drew, according to http://www.mysterypartners.com/ ,  Hardy Boys Casefiles #21, and 32 were written by Susan and Bill Albert, who also wrote Nancy Drew Files #6, 11, 15, 22, 29. It appears they were better at writing Nancy Drew books then Hardy Boys as they wrote several very good Nancy Drew Files books, yet their two Hardy Boys Casefiles books were not as good. "Street Spies" was boring and "Without a Trace" was better, but still not as good as Bill and Susan's Nancy Drew Books. 

Most Recent Post:

MacGyver

Nice find! Now we know a little bit more of the ghostwriters for The Hardy Boys Casefiles and Nancy Drew Files series.
But I personally liked both Street Spies and Without a Trace. Street Spies introduced MUX! And it also had Frank breaking the law (technically) in order to get a police rescue- I think it was pretty exciting in that scene.
Anyway- just my opinion on it.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on April 28, 2011, 03:23:24 PM
Nice find! Now we know a little bit more of the ghostwriters for The Hardy Boys Casefiles and Nancy Drew Files series.
But I personally liked both Street Spies and Without a Trace. Street Spies introduced MUX! And it also had Frank breaking the law (technically) in order to get a police rescue- I think it was pretty exciting in that scene.
Anyway- just my opinion on it.
Street Spies for me was a huge disappointment as I read "Danger Zone" (the second and final book to have MUX in it) first, and that was 10 times better then Street Spies. Now I know that's because both books were written by different authors.

Most Recent Post:

MacGyver

Too bad MUX never showed up more than that. I enjoyed Danger Zone too- it's been a while since I've read either one though.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

There was a computer hacker that was in both series, wasn't there? :-\

MacGyver

There was Larry Biester that showed up in the Casefiles- I don't know if he was in the Digests too... I don't think so, but could be I guess

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on April 28, 2011, 07:17:11 PM
There was Larry Biester that showed up in the Casefiles- I don't know if he was in the Digests too... I don't think so, but could be I guess

I liked that guy! ;D

SDLagent

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on June 08, 2011, 01:40:34 AM
He didn't like you.

Oh really? I thought he was the one who hacked into DMV for Frank and Joe once. :-\

MacGyver

Yeah, I think that's right. Can't recall the books he appeared in right now though...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 03, 2011, 01:30:17 PM
Yeah, I think that's right. Can't recall the books he appeared in right now though...

I know he was in the Casefile. Danger Zone.

MacGyver

That sounds right- I'm pretty sure he showed up at least one other time- I'd have to look it up...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 03, 2011, 01:39:17 PM
That sounds right- I'm pretty sure he showed up at least one other time- I'd have to look it up...

Was the other time in The Genius Thieves?