New Hardy Boys TV series coming!

Started by SDLagent, October 02, 2010, 08:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

I asked for an update from Corusent today and their response was "We don't have any additional information at this point."

Hardy Sleuth

Awww, I got excited when I saw this topic had been posted on today and hoped you had news of when it would be on, Skywarp. Well, at least they didn't say they weren't going to make the show. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Somehow I'm not surprised. They haven't said it's cancelled or anything, but it does seem like it's been a long while in coming. Maybe they're still in the phase of doing careful market research and figuring out how best to tailor a Hardy Boys show to the right audiences. Better that they take some time to make a well-made show than just rush something into production.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

I think they might be waiting for the new Hardy Boys books series to be released. :) 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

Hardy Sleuth

I think they might be waiting for the new Hardy Boys books series to be released. :) 8) And according to Amazon that would be Feb. 5, 2013 for Secret of the Red Arrow and Curse of the Arctic Star (Nancy Drew).

MacGyver

True- that's a good point. Maybe they will try to model the TV show after the new series of books.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

That is a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Still, don't get your hopes up.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on June 04, 2012, 12:46:52 AM
True- that's a good point. Maybe they will try to model the TV show after the new series of books.

To me it's even more important that the books be good, but it would be great if both the books and show are cool! ;D

Quote from: SDLagent on June 04, 2012, 03:12:59 AM
That is a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Still, don't get your hopes up.

Wise words, so I'll try to be optimistic while waiting to believe it when I see it. ;D

VLoneWolf

Any word yet?  I hope they do make a new series.

MacGyver

I've heard nothing further. Maybe some day....

Hardy Sleuth

MacGyver

It is some day, just not apparently the day we will hear any further news on this. ;)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on December 16, 2012, 09:37:47 PM
It is some day, just not apparently the day we will hear any further news on this. ;)

Oh, okay, just thought I'd check. ;) :D

MacGyver

I found this quite by accident today- I wasn't really looking for it, but stumbled across it and it is very interesting indeed.
Is this possibly the start of casting for the new Hardy Boys show? I am somehow getting the impression that this is a fanbased thing and not the new show from Nelvana- but I am not totally sure. Anyway, just out this site with an audition call for a new Hardy Boys Mysteries series and the main site with further casting information and location pictures. From what I read on the main site, the goal is to film a number of episodes like for a television series and the first one is an adaptation of The Tower Treasure. There are characters listed that don't appear in the book though, so I guess they will be used in later episodes. I also noticed some of the characterizations seem to be based on aspects added to the characters later on in the book series' life (like some Casefiles characterizations for Phil Cohen being computer smart, for example.)
    In many ways, they do seem to be making an effort to stay true to the book and to the book series in general though, so that's cool. And they're actually including Laura Hardy, which is nice, since she has yet to show up in any other Hardy Boys adaptation that I know of. The location for the Tower mansion looks pretty decent too.
They are apparently taking audition calls for parts now with the plan of filming in Spring 2013. However, the site says it is copyrighted 2012 Spike Industries Studios - is this possibly a branch of Nelvana? Somehow I just don't think this is connected to that effort. (Particularly since the Terms and Conditions link says that it is a voluntary effort on the part of the cast and crew.) But if it is a fanbased effort, I'm sure they don't have the rights to use the property...but I suppose it's like any of the other fan films made for numerous other properties (Star Wars, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, MacGyver, Quantum Leap, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, etc.) - there are a number of these kinds of films on Youtube and I guess the property owners don't worry about pursuing such cases, especially since they are supportive of the various franchises and not mocking them or slandering them, etc. (generally anyway) Either that or the studios just aren't aware of them all. I do know that George Lucas is generally supportive of such fan efforts and even hosted an award ceremony for best Star Wars fan films. I have heard he is a pretty big fan of famous productions like George Lucas in Love, Hardware Wars and TROOPS. In the case of Star Trek, there's even been a whole online TV series based on the original classic that has had some of the original cast members reprising their roles- so that definitely gives it a lot of legitimacy.
         So anyway, whether this is legitimate or not, I'd be interested to see their efforts, especially if some Hardy Boys characters never seen on screen before show up. It would also be interesting to see what books might get adapted.

MacGyver

By the way, the AuditionFinder site where I first found this listing also has a small logo for the proposed series that looks pretty cool. :) 8)