Mystery of the Phantom Heist: Coming to a bookstore or library near you!

Started by Hardy Sleuth, June 05, 2012, 01:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

Masked Mayhem in paperback ($5.99) and hardcover ($15.99) and ebook on Amazon! ;D Says Feb. 5, 2013, same day, and same prices, as Secret of the Red Arrow! 8) I had wondered if it was a Secret File, but Scott Burroughs the illustrator wasn't listed and it's 160 pages. Interesting, no? :) Yes? :) I really hope these books are good!!!! :) We'll see! ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

SDLagent

I missed the fact that this new series will be available in hardcover. Or is this a new revelation?

JoeHardyRocks

Wait, so that book is part of a different series? 2 different series?  ???
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: SDLagent on June 05, 2012, 03:35:12 PM
I missed the fact that this new series will be available in hardcover. Or is this a new revelation?

This is the first bookseller I've seen advertising hardcover, really surprising that Simon and Schuster will be releasing 4 titles on the same day! According to my calculations, the total number for paperback and hardcover editions=8 books! But 4 titles, as long as they're well written, sounds great to me! ;D 8)

Hardy Boys:

#1 Secret of the Red Arrow by Franklin W. Dixon
#2 Masked Mayhem by Franklin W. Dixon

Nancy Drew:

#1 Curse of the Arctic Star by Carolyn Keene
#2 Strangers on a Train by Carolyn Keene
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

SDLagent

Simon & Schuster is a huge company so it's not really that surprising.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on June 05, 2012, 03:35:12 PM

The hardcover info has been out since the series was first announced.  This makes these two books the first Hardy Boys too be released in both paperback and hardcover since 1985's "Revenge of the Desert Phantom & The Skyfire Puzzle" from Simon & Schuster (the Greycastle Casefiles don't count since thay're not the same as the regular Casefiles).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Having both hardback and paperback versions will be kinda cool- but I don't think I can afford to buy all the hardback versions- I might get one copy of the first title in hardback and then let the real hardcore collectors get all the others...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

I'm hoping to at least get the first book as hardcover, also. 8)

SDLagent

Yeah, same here, I probably pick-up the first one in hardcover and if I like the first one I'll buy the rest in paperback.

Hardy Sleuth

A sale for the hardcovers is nice. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

I had to change the title for this topic! I saw on the Simon and Schuster site and Amazon that the second title for the Hardy Boys Adventures series has been changed to Mystery of the Phantom Heist - I like this one even better! 8) I'd noticed before that it had gone to "Untitled" and couldn't wait to find out what the title would be changed to. :) The new title sounds more cool! 8)

So for pre-orders now, or Feb. 5, 2013 and afterward, don't look for a title called Masked Mayhem - you won't find it! - instead check for Mystery of the Phantom Heist! :)

MacGyver

Very interesting- and I like the name change. This sounds much closer to a classic Grossett & Dunlap title from the original 58 books- and I definitely like that. It sounds pretty cool- and though the plot description still sounds like it's not really a very heavy level of crime for Frank and Joe to take on- vandalism is still crime and especially if it's threatening someone's life- that could lead up to attempted murder!
     The description and the new title combined actually remind me of a book from another favorite mystery series for me- The Three Investigators in The Mystery of the Smashing Glass (#38 in the series)- this book also had a sort of similar plot with vandalism going on around the town- specifically smashing glass in cars- which turned out to be something much bigger than that. I'm getting the feeling that this might also be the case with this Hardy Boys book- which makes it quite interesting indeed. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on October 10, 2012, 09:52:23 PM
Very interesting- and I like the name change. This sounds much closer to a classic Grossett & Dunlap title from the original 58 books- and I definitely like that. It sounds pretty cool- and though the plot description still sounds like it's not really a very heavy level of crime for Frank and Joe to take on- vandalism is still crime and especially if it's threatening someone's life- that could lead up to attempted murder!
     The description and the new title combined actually remind me of a book from another favorite mystery series for me- The Three Investigators in The Mystery of the Smashing Glass (#38 in the series)- this book also had a sort of similar plot with vandalism going on around the town- specifically smashing glass in cars- which turned out to be something much bigger than that. I'm getting the feeling that this might also be the case with this Hardy Boys book- which makes it quite interesting indeed. :) 8)

Yep, I definitely like the new title much better than Masked Mayhem, too (I know, I already said that, but I wanted to say it again :D). 8) Between the two book descriptions of the Hardy Boys adventures, Secret of the Red Arrow - them stopping an international crime ring - is the more exciting-sounding synopsis, but I think Mystery of the Phantom Heist will also have danger and excitement like the first one. 8) Hey, The Three Investigators in The Mystery of the Smashing Glass sounds intriguing! :) 8)

MacGyver

QuoteHey, The Three Investigators in The Mystery of the Smashing Glass sounds intriguing!
Yep- it's a good one. Of course, as far as I'm concerned, they all are. I'm pretty sure I discovered The Hardy Boys first, but soon thereafter I got into The Three Investigators and I've long been a fan of both. :) 8)