CALLING ALL NETWORK FANS!

Started by tomswift2002, August 06, 2008, 04:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozonessinc

I guess I stereotyped R rated movies!

tomswift2002

I know that I've bought a few DVD's that will say that they are rated "G" or "PG" and when I've gone through the cash they'll pop up asking whether I'm 18 or older.

Last November I remember buying Volume 3 of Disney's Ducktales, the old 1980's cartoon, and when I went through the cash, even the cashier was surprised at this, but up popped "Are you 18 or older?"  So, I guess that even for Ducktales you need to be an adult in order to see those DVD's, even though the DVD's are in the Children/Family area of the electronics department at Wal-Mart.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

Wal*Mart is so stupid about that! Most TV shows are Unreted and if you look on their website it says you must be 18 r older to buy it! Yet its in the Family DVD section! Luckley everyone ignores that where I'm from. Or do I look 18? ;)

SDLagent

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on November 04, 2008, 04:18:24 PM
I've seen one R-rated movie called The Rain Man. It was pretty good, but it did have some swearing, and one other inappropriate scene.

''Rain Man'' was rated G or PG in Canada.

JoeHardyRocks

G? I heard it was pretty inappropriate on some review website...
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

bozonessinc

I don't like how the countries have different ratings. Why the difference? Its not like its 2 different movies. Like I understand that the countries have different opinions on the same movie.

003Robin457

Yeah I herd too much violence really makes a movies rateing shoot up in France!

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on November 08, 2008, 07:01:15 PM
I don't like how the countries have different ratings. Why the difference? Its not like its 2 different movies. Like I understand that the countries have different opinions on the same movie.

Well I was justing reading yesterday on a news website that the old 1974-1983 TV series, Little House On The Prairie is just about to be released in the Netherlands, and over there, because Universal wasn't willing to pay the thousands, possible millions of dollars, for testers from the country's film board view every episode to give each season a rating; so in the Netherlands Little House On The Prairie is going to be getting an 'R/M/18+' (or whatever the rating is for 18 or older) on every season set.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

NZone

Quote from: 003Robin457 on November 09, 2008, 12:54:49 PM
Yeah I herd too much violence really makes a movies rateing shoot up in France!

LOL!

Q: Why are there so many trees in Paris?

A: So the Germans can march in the shade
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 09, 2008, 03:08:47 PM
Well I was justing reading yesterday on a news website that the old 1974-1983 TV series, Little House On The Prairie is just about to be released in the Netherlands, and over there, because Universal wasn't willing to pay the thousands, possible millions of dollars, for testers from the country's film board view every episode to give each season a rating; so in the Netherlands Little House On The Prairie is going to be getting an 'R/M/18+' (or whatever the rating is for 18 or older) on every season set.

LOL! Man Little House on the Parie! Sorry kid just too violent for you, you need a parent to get this! ::)

bozonessinc

Is that not Little Mosque on the Prairie?

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on November 11, 2008, 03:00:54 PM
Is that not Little Mosque on the Prairie?

Completely different series.  Little Mosque On The Prairie is still being produced by the CBC, whereas Little House On The Prairie wrapped production in 1983.  And it is the 1974-1983 series that is being rated R in the Netherlands.

SDLagent

Plus, ''Little House on the Prairie'' is (loosely) based on a true story.

bozonessinc

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 11, 2008, 05:16:08 PM
Completely different series.  Little Mosque On The Prairie is still being produced by the CBC, whereas Little House On The Prairie wrapped production in 1983.  And it is the 1974-1983 series that is being rated R in the Netherlands.
Thanks, I wasn't sure!