#40 The Case of the MyFace Kidnapper...?

Started by MacGyver, September 24, 2013, 11:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Well, it's been moved to June 2, 2016 now apparently. ;) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on November 19, 2015, 06:04:08 PM
Well, it's been moved to June 2, 2016 now apparently. ;) ;D

LOL! Unbelievable! Hope the story is worth all this waiting! ;) :P
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

What kind of a titel is Myface anyway? Should be Facebook!

MacGyver

I'm thinking it's meant as a parody of both MySpace and Facebook. (There may have been legal concerns about using a real life entity in the book as well.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

And yet Fanfic writers can do whatever they want.  ::)

MacGyver

Fanfiction writers get away with most whatever they want only because copyright holders generally haven't sued over the works since the authors usually are not trying to make a profit on them. But strictly speaking, fanfiction writers really should not even be writing the stories they write using copyrighted characters as they don't have the legal rights to them. Seeing as how this book would have been going for publication, it could be why the author may have chosen to avoid using a real life entity. Archie Comics does this all the time, though they may often have very thinly veiled parodies of real life entities. (The problem you can run into with using real life figures is that if anything can be construed to be as negative comments about them- i.e. slander- that is definitely a very real criminal charge.)

Bigfootman

Bumping the thread again for fun:
https://www.amazon.ca/Case-MyFace-Kidnapper-w-t/dp/1442422351
You can still preorder the book and it's apparently scheduled for a Dec 31 2030 release. I could have sworn that I read a preview of the first chapter somewhere when it still looked like it would actually be released. Don't remember much sadly, except that the Hardy Boys were at a beach party, and that the chapter's cliffhanger involved fire somehow.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

The manuscript is probably still around somewhere, either in the author's vault or at Simon & Schuster.