Hardy Boys Galaxy X Trilogy

Started by SDLagent, July 01, 2008, 12:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Book one in what appears to be yet another Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers trilogy, entitled ''GALAXY X'' has been revealed at Bookmanager. Galaxy X book one will be released on May 19, 2009.

SDLagent

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 01, 2008, 12:41:40 AM
''Galaxy X'', book one in what appears to be yet another Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers trilogy, untitled ''GALAXY X'' has been revealed at Bookmanager. Galaxy X book one will be released on May 19, 2008.

Make that May 19, 2009.

tomswift2002

So, are the boys going to meet up with one of the Star Trek series, become crew and end this pathetic excuse for a series?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

When SkyWarp suggested a few months ago, a new mini series format taking over permanently, I doubted it, but I guess you were right, CJ. 

I never thought I would say I am sick of Hardy Boys trilogies, but then again I never thought we would get this many! However, I am going to reserve my judgment of the new format until I have read all of at least one of these new trilogies.

tomswift2002

Sure the Casefiles had two official trilogies and one unofficial trilogy, but they were released at seperate times (Bayport Corruption -#8 SNE 10/1987, #16 LOF 06/1988, #55 BTL 09/1991; Operation Phoenix #64 ES 06/1992, #65 NM 07/1992, #66 TPE 08/1992; Ring of Evil #76 TFT 06/1993, #77 SR 07/1993, #78 TPC 08/1993) with different titles in between and not trilogy after trilogy.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Sam Spade

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 01, 2008, 01:00:36 PM
When SkyWarp suggested a few months ago, a new mini series format taking over permanently, I doubted it, but I guess you were right, CJ.

Yeah, I had doubted it too, but, he might just be right... :-\
Anyway, the name sounds interesting, ''Galaxy X''.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SkyWarp

Series formats is the direction much of the comic book world has gone.  I was thinking that the books might just take this route.

To be honest, I have never liked the move to "series" format in the comic book world either.  But since Trade Paperbacks are all the rage today, the comic books need to fit nicely in a trade without any story plots hanging.  This means the comics come in short series (even if not titled such). 

I don't see these books getting put into one larger book, but the marketing "geniuses" around the world must think that short series are better than single issues. 

What all these marketing geniuses forget though is that the entire set of books is suppose to be one long series.  Having little subset of series on rate occasions is okay, but this continual sets of series all nicely packaged is bad in my opinion.  I think it is really just a grasping of straws to try to find a way to improve sales.  It may work in the short run (especially since prices are higher), but after the second or third series ends, the sales will be right back where they started or even worse (unless something else is done to help). 

NZone

Its kind of like to be continued episodes of CSI, great for season finales, but when they happen all the time they just get annoying
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

Or those story arcs that tend to go on for a whole season, like what was done in 'Star Trek Enterprise' 's 3rd season.

Plus, you can be fairly sure that these trilogies are not going to have huge gangs, but more like a couple of people working independently.

Centrion

I doubt that the trilogies and the CD sales will boost overall sales enough in the long run.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Quote from: Centrion on July 03, 2008, 10:45:52 AM
I doubt that the trilogies and the CD sales will boost overall sales enough in the long run.

What CD's are you talking about?

NZone

i would assume they are talking about the game cds but i have no clue haha get it ... clue ... hardy boys ... ok sorry bad pun
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Bigfootman

Hardy HAR HAR!  :D I wish that the triolges will stop!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

So what is Galixy X anyway?  ??? Is it a theme park like The Fourth Deminsion or is this some NASA plot involving a real Galixy X. Lets just hope its not a TV show mystery about a show called Galixy X. :( That would be 3 TV/Movie plots in a row.

SDLagent

Quote from: 003Robin457 on August 08, 2008, 07:06:34 PM
That would be 3 TV/Movie plots in a row...

...Over nine books!

Yeah, I have no clue either this is one of the most mysteries Hardy Boys titles ever! Hopefully it's a si-fi plot involving a real galaxy or space program. I keep telling myself it CAN NOT be another TV/movie plot!