Hardy Boys Encyclopedia Updates

Started by SkyWarp, September 29, 2007, 01:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The following items have recently been updated or added to the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Encyclopedia and the Hardy Boys Casefiles Encyclopedia:

ULTRA THRILLER:
The Alien Factor

MISSIONS:
Pushed

Centrion

Good, Alien Factor was a pretty good book. So was Pushed. Good job, Skywarp! :)
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Alien Factor I consider to be one of the top 10 Hardy Boys books of the 1990's.  It's to bad that it was the last book in the 1990's Tom Swift series and the Hardy Boys & Tom Swift Ultra Thriller series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

Yeah, I agree, Tom,  much better then the current UBs.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Speaking of the current UB's, I'm currently in the middle of Pushed, and I'm not sure if I'll pick it up again.  I just finished Trick-or-Trouble, and I'm currently reading Dead Of Night, both more interesting than Pushed.  Future plans are to read William Shatner's new book, Star Trek Academy: Collision Course, re-read The Hardy Boys #83: The Swamp Monster and a few other older digests.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

White Eagle

A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

tomswift2002

Yeah, hard to believe as well.  October 25.  In two months it'll be Christmas.

mcr_fan22

tomswift2002

I haven't finished the book yet, but basically, take it to be a mix of what happened in the Casefiles Cult Of Crime, mixed horrible with Blood Relations and you've basically got the plot of the story.

White Eagle

Looks like everybody's doing their Christmas Shopping early this year. Smart.
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Centrion

Yeah, I agree about Alien Factor. Such a good book, too bad they ended the series. At least they went out with a bang.
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

One unfortunate things was that neither of the Ultra Thrillers (and I don't think any of the SuperMystery '88 series books with Nancy Drew) were ever mentioned in a regular Hardy Boys Casefiles story, and I'm talking within the text of the story, not the ads in the books.

Centrion

Yeah, except for in Operation Survival where Frank talked about Nancy when he was on painkillers, neither Nancy or Tom have crossed over(that I have read).
-Frank
-Joe