Cover Art

Started by FrankJoeATAC, July 14, 2008, 01:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new cover art for the Undercover Brothers?

Yes, the actors are great!
0 (0%)
They're okay
3 (27.3%)
No way! I like the old covers
7 (63.6%)
I don't really care what they look like
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: July 24, 2008, 01:29:23 PM

FrankJoeATAC

We just wanted to know what the readers like. Please vote! :)

tomswift2002

I don't like them, so I went with 'No way', but I also didn't like the old photocovers.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

i really dont care what the covers look like, because i dont follow this series, they could have barney and friends on the cover for all i care. In case you havent noticed,  im really not fond of the ubs
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

FrankJoeATAC

I went with "No way!" because I liked the old photocovers better. They should not put Frank and Joe portrayed as actors on the cover, they should just let the readers imagine what they look like.

NZone

Even the old ones had depictions of them on the cover... I think ... Maybe ... Its possible ... I'm tired.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Q

I really liked the old UB covers, so it's obvious what I chose. 

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Q on July 15, 2008, 09:12:11 AM
I really liked the old UB covers, so it's obvious what I chose. 

I did too!
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

You know, I was just showing my dad the new covers (he's a retired teacher). His relationship with the Hardy Boys goes way back - he used to read the Originals in the classroom to the kids years and years ago.

But anyways, he said he likes the big font (the "Hardy Boys" at the top) but not the rest of it. Just thought I'd share that random fact.

So I like the old covers better. And negative_zone, you're right, they did have a depiction - it's a small sketch of them in the top left corner!

SDLagent

Yeah, I like the font and colors on these new cover but that's about as far as it goes. But I do think these new ones are better then the first ones, having said that I can't of wish they didn't change them - I like it when a series looks the same for all the books.

BTW, the picture of the boys you mentioned is what I miss most about, I thought it looked good, and I especially liked how it was used at the beginning of chapters.

Olivia

I agree with you - I actually like that character sketch thing too!

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: oliviatocali on July 21, 2008, 05:26:02 PM
I agree with you - I actually like that character sketch thing too!

The character sketch is awesome! It looks better than the actors. ;D
"Thank you, Joe."

FrankJoeATAC

I like the character sketch too! ;D

tomswift2002

Plus, that character sketch harkened back to the way the original series books were issued between 1962 and 1987 with the picture of the Hardy's on the spine.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Yes, definitely to bad that the character sketch not on the cover or the spine any more!

JoeHardyRocks

Do you think if there was a full body character sketch on the  covers, they would be better than the actors? ???
"Thank you, Joe."