Found this

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, February 26, 2016, 09:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

As someone who has an interest in computers and technology and loves The Hardy Boys, I found this article very interesting indeed. Thanks for the link! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

Just like Tom Swift The Hardy Boys seem to be ahead on some of the technology.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: VLoneWolf on March 03, 2016, 02:02:52 PM
Just like Tom Swift The Hardy Boys seem to be ahead on some of the technology.

How do you mean?

VLoneWolf

Tom Swift had some kind of electric rifle that inspired the Taser.  The Hardy Boys were using a radio controlled plane with a camera mounted on it in
The Skyfire Puzzle. Kind of like a drone.  Their are probably other examples.

MacGyver

Definitely. The Hardy Boys usually stay pretty current if not ahead on technology. :) 8) And Tom Swift stays ahead of technology most all the time! (He's the one inventing it!) :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Tom Swift's electric rifle has appeared in a Hardy Boys novel, unfortunately neither Frank or Joe were the ones using it.  That was left up to Tom Swift Jr. in Time Bomb.

But the original novel, Tom Swift And His Electric Rifle is available on the internet, since the story is in the Public Domain in both the US and Canada. 

But I see that at the 2015 Tribeca Film Festival there was a 95-minute documentary on the entire issue of the TASER, apparently interviewing the inventors of the TASER and various law enforcement agencies and the documentary was called Tom Swift And His Electric Rifle.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

That's pretty cool! For a fan of series books, technology and history, that sounds like something I might like to check out. Thanks for the information about the documentary. :) 8)

tomswift2002

Just found these old interviews with Larry Mike Garmon and Steve Grant, two authors of the Hardy Boys Casefiles.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/bg/bg_5.html
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Nice! Thanks for posting the link. That will be cool to check out when I get a chance. :) 8)